• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Ok. As I said earlier, I was inspired to do my own variant/homage and keep in mind I haven't picked up a pencil in awhile. You get a "no prize" if you can guess which Spidey cover I swiped.

Spider_Gwen_zpsspbsdnvl.jpg

:takeit:

Very nice job! :applause:

That Siya Oum Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 variant should be easily better than the normal cover. I might have to get a few of those. I find the normal cover so boring.

Do you like the 3rd print variant?

$_12.JPG

Kind of. I think I have a few character design covers. But I like the older covers with text stuff more than the modern ones. Pin up ones are good too when they give a good feel for the character or overall theme going on. Spider-Gwen calls for a good cover and I wouldn't display any of those #2 covers. The Edge of Spider-Verse #1 has a good cover I think.

Ok. As I said earlier, I was inspired to do my own variant/homage and keep in mind I haven't picked up a pencil in awhile. You get a "no prize" if you can guess which Spidey cover I swiped.

Spider_Gwen_zpsspbsdnvl.jpg

Saved. This is pretty awesome. It's one of my favorite Spider-Man covers.

Looking into the Spider-Gwen character I was kind of shocked by the number of different Gwen Stacy versions that exist. Reading about clones and Ultimate versions was a big "what were they thinking" moment.

Edited by GeneticNinja

The LCS had the Hughes variant for $300

What prices are we seeing elsewhere ?

I saw upwards of €350 on ebay this morning, which I think is close to $380.

Theres a copy of ASM #31 for less than half that price on ebay too...

Usually my LCS charges ALL 1:100 covers around $70 to $90 max but why the exception of this book? hype maybe?

Hughes cover, hype. Lot of variables going for/against the price of the book, depending on how you look at it:p

Got the 1:25 my store claims they didn't get the 1:100 even though they told me they ordered 200 copies. Unfortunately I think they are holding it back to decide price or being as hipster as they are, going to sell it randomly to someone that has no idea of its value.