• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Roadwork traffic skrewed me so I wasn't able to be at the one LCS that opens at 10, got there 10:10 and missed the Anka 1:25, I don't know if their 1:100 even hit the shelf. Got a blank and a Young cover there, they only had a few of each.

Waited outside the LCS that opened 11:00 and was the first one in there. Got the Anka for $15, grabbed another Young while I was there since they only got a few in, they had no blanks and no Hughes.

**BTW, talked to my Phantom retailer and they won't have them today, they haven't gotten their shipment from you-know-who yet

Edited by Lonzilla

Roadwork traffic skrewed me so I wasn't able to be at the one LCS that opens at 10, got there 10:10 and missed the Anka 1:25, I don't know if their 1:100 even hit the shelf. Got a blank and a Young cover there, they only had a few of each.

Waited outside the LCS that opened 11:00 and was the first one in there. Got the Anka for $15, grabbed another Young while I was there since they only got a few in, they had no blanks and no Hughes.

**BTW, talked to my Phantom retailer and they won't have them today, they haven't gotten their shipment from you-know-who yet

Nice snatch and grab! :applause:

But if you live in my neighborhood I'm not as pleased.. (tsk)

Did anyone just feel like they were reading a What-If book?

The whole character is obviously a big what if. I didn't find the plot of the book bad and I thought the art was interesting enough, but I didn't really like most of the writing itself. I thought the Vulture was the best done part of the book.

Better than being stuck at work till the end of the day..... :sorry:

Back from shopping..

Major shortages on all copies.. got 2 ankas 2 blanks and 2 reg.. passed on Young

Hughes was going for 200.00 - pass

midtown limits 1 copy per.. I think maybe because of their signing tomorrw

also, Robbi's in portland tonight at TFAW's signing and Latour's in Midtown tomorrow as mentioned

More to follow

OK, went out to the larger LCS just after noon today, they had ONE raggedy looking copy left of S-G #1, regular cover. Plenty of the Skottie Young variant & plenty of blanks, but only one regular cover left. It was bent up and dog-eared, so I left it on the shelf.

On to the smaller shop I know of - they had a stack of 25 or so still on their shelf, so I picked the maximum of two they allow and went on my way.

I was hoping to get two from each shop, but oh well, at least I got two nice copies. Now, let's see what going eBay prices are by the weekend! (Just for S&G's)

(:

-slym

picked up wednesday haul of comics this morning, i was able to snag 2 copies of the regular cover. my LCS shop claimed the the Hughes variant came in damaged, i asked the pricing they said $300 bucks...

Needless to say i'll pass on the Hughes variant, but now im awaiting my phantom variant !!!!

Comicvine gave Spider-gwen a 5 star review, im looking forward to reading it when i get a chance.

I wasn't going to get the Hughes 1:100 but my LCS had it for $150 + 10% off for my sub service, so I snagged it, and its a 9.8 candidate. I believe its the only copy they had as I got there when they opened. They also had a stack of skottie young variants for $10 and a couple anka's for $25 that all looked nice. I already bought an anka so I passed since I wasn't planning on paying for the Hughes

Edited by kapzilla

It was a madhouse at all the shops today. I went to 4 in total, they all had plenty of the regular cover. The first had a few blanks nothing else. The 2nd had nothing, sold out of all the variants at door opening. The 3rd had nothing. The 4th had a stack of Youngs and a few blanks left and a Hughes for $250.

Ended up grabbing one regular, one Young and one blank to go along with the 2 Phantoms I ordered. Was planning on grabbing an Anka but no luck. Good enough I guess.

Reviews seem to be very positive so far!

FYI, it doesn't look like MTC has a limit of 1 copy online, but I didn't try to order more.

They have limits on the variants only.

Times Square store has a sign up saying only 1 of each cover allowed, online site may be different.

I wasn't going to get the Hughes 1:100 but my LCS had it for $150 + 10% off for my sub service, so I snagged it, and its a 9.8 candidate. I believe its the only copy they had as I got there when they opened. They also had a stack of skottie young variants for $10 and a couple anka's for $25 that all looked nice. I already bought an anka so I passed since I wasn't planning on paying for the Hughes

Nice grab!