• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

I don't think the color variances are going to command different values, not remarkable enough of a difference and it's more sourced to the printing press used than a purposeful variant or an accidental error.

This reminds me of when "Dazzler #1" came out and there were the "blue" vs the "purple" covers, and I don't think anything came about from that in terms of higher demand, value or interest.

Agreed. Maybe if CGC were marking the labels as a recall then it might show some interest but I think for the most part collectors don't care. The article on recalled comics lists it as a recall, supposedly the black issues were supposed to be pulled but it's all hear say.

Anyone think edge of spider verse 2 will eventually climb in value again or at least hold value long term? It's one of my favorite reads/character since marvel introduced the scarlet spider.

Personally, I think that the Greg Land ('tho his artwork has many naysayers) Variant is the rare one and ultimately the one most collectors will chase, regardless of the other variants made subsequent to the initial release (manufactured collectibles in the aftermath of it's popularity).

I don't think the values will see their heights again for a short while or maybe even ever, as I think it was trading/selling for as much as the $600-800 range, which for a book less than a year old is/was a bit inflated ('tho those are actualized sales figures not the proverbial dealer price tags of merchandise that sits and goes unsold).

I think the book is probably worth about $300 right now roughly, and I can see it holding around the $200-300 range and maybe popping back up to $500, then if anything remarkable happens with the character (license for other media such as TV, animation, Film), I could see it maybe go back up a little more, but it seems the print run isn't so scarce where the book is hard to find where I think the book is simply being horded not held (where Walking Dead #1 is being held and truly more scarce, as is Batman Adventurs #12)...

I could be wrong 'tho. The estimated print run was about 55,000 of the standard version and there was a 1:25 ratio for the Greg Land variant, which puts that at around a print run between 2,000 and 2,500 I'm estimating. I'm not sure of, in the world of comic books, modern comics, if that's considered really low or not.

Normally I am a huge fan of Bruce Timms work. That Gwen though is another story. :sick:

Agreed, it's not my favorite either, but it's still a Bruce Timm cover. So, I'll be picking it up. Maybe I can get him to do a sketch for me one of these days.... :cloud9:

In case you haven't seen this fan made trailer for Spider-Gwen the movie:

There are some really cringe worth moments in that trailer. I've seen some great fan made trailers, this isn't one of them.

Thanks for sharing.

You slipper people are 'slipping'. New Spider-Gwen comic out tomorrow and a ton of variants and not a chirp.

I'm thinking the 1:25 Bradshaw cover is the one to get?

Getting the Bradshaw cover along with Timm's. Have an order already in for Brooks' via Doug. Was thinking of getting the JSC books as well.