• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Why on earth would he make a negative comment!?!?!? Regardless of if he likes it or not he should have kept that comment to himself. Not a wise move knowing the bulk of his SG fan base is female and that may have offended the designer in his brash remark.

Its the social internet age nobody was taught to keep it to yourself. lol

I think the best comparison for Spider-Women Gwen Stacy could be with Harley Quinn.

Harley started out cute in the Animiated Batman Comic Book back in 1993, then after years, nearly 20 years, the character and comic book gained more massive popularity. That as a somewhat slow traditional grow.

Spider-Gwen achieved near immediate success in terms of popularity with the character (cosplayers emulating her) and the comic book (multiple printings) and value (geez, it went up from cover price to $50 within the month, then kept going up, with barely any time for anyone to get in on the near ground floor) within months. I doubt if the book will come crashing down to dollar bin fodder anytime soon, but can see it fluctuate to even under $100, which is still a lot of money for a book released less than a year ago.

So, even if Spider-Gwen loses popularity, much like how Harley Quinn had highs and lows the past 20 years, I think it's reasonable to foresee some sustainability, most hinging upon how the character is handled in terms of the creative team for the comic books and anything potentially in TV/Film.

I think buying into Spider-Gwen at current prices might be a long term investment play and not a bad one.

Probably not..still too soon. I think over time though it'll help. She's also headed to the main universe..no more alternative.

I Don't know where your source is on that but it was shown that her universe is still intact with the return of Peter "LIZARD" Parker in her next story arc, so she is still indeed part of the alternate reality she calls home.

Probably not..still too soon. I think over time though it'll help. She's also headed to the main universe..no more alternative.

I Don't know where your source is on that but it was shown that her universe is still intact with the return of Peter "LIZARD" Parker in her next story arc, so she is still indeed part of the alternate reality she calls home.

Yeah you're right, thought I read she was crossing over but just found this artice where Latour speaks about crossing over

"Spider-Gwen was born out of a multiversal crossover event so the opportunity to hop around has always been present and honestly is just too fun to resist. So yeah, bouncing over to the 616 now and then is something we’re eager to explore too."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/23/spider-gwen-will-make-her-video-game-debut-this-fall