• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

comic has cooled way off because it was oversaturated. ...only characters that seem to be able to handle oversaturation are Deadpool and Harley Quinn.

I thought it was because it was rebooted after a couple handful of issues and yet kept the same team on board which made no sense at all.

comic has cooled way off because it was oversaturated. ...only characters that seem to be able to handle oversaturation are Deadpool and Harley Quinn.

I thought it was because it was rebooted after a couple handful of issues and yet kept the same team on board which made no sense at all.

that too...it's what killed Silk and a handful of others. Actually I think the art and writing on Vol 2 Silk is better than Vol 1.

Edited by krighton

I hope Spider-Gwen just becomes a better character by the nature of evolution and not force fed by Marvel/Disney and the marketing machine trying to tell you to like it by their design and over-saturation.

Although the concept is much like any other spin-off variation on an existing character, the character design and storytelling can separate it from being deemed an easy cheap-shot imitator or flash-in-the-pan if done right again.

Not too sure if were all talking about the same character here. The SG property is still very much in demand both with current and back issue stock.. The speculators just moved on to speculate on the next big thing (whatever that may be), which led to non inflated prices - which is why I said - now's the time to buy. I wouldnt suggest its appropriate to buy if the title tanked and the fans have left the scene.

Of course, nothing is ever set in stone, but when you have a popular character still in demand by readers and fans, and low interest by speculators - that's usually the best time to buy.

I'm still loving Spider-Gwen and enjoying Vol2 thus far. If it weren't for Secret Wars, we'd still be on volume 1 and in the double digits by now. I have quite a few Spider-Gwen books. The favorites of my collections are my # 1 1:100 by Adam Hughes and the Phantom Sketch Variant by Siya Oum. I believe these will be my next two books actually to submit for grading

The studio is still moving forward with the Spider-Man villain-centric “Sinister Six,” and “Venom” spinoff, as well as a film that features female characters in the “Spider-Man” universe. “The Amazing Spider-Man 3″ has been cancelled. While Marvel’s Feige is involved with Sony’s new “Spider-Man” films, he currently is not expected to be creatively involved with the spinoffs, sources say. - Variety

Over-under on Spider-gwen?

The studio is still moving forward with the Spider-Man villain-centric “Sinister Six,” and “Venom” spinoff, as well as a film that features female characters in the “Spider-Man” universe. “The Amazing Spider-Man 3″ has been cancelled. While Marvel’s Feige is involved with Sony’s new “Spider-Man” films, he currently is not expected to be creatively involved with the spinoffs, sources say. - Variety

Over-under on Spider-gwen?

Its either Gwen of Jessica. No other spider female currently has the name recognition or popularity.

JSC has a new Spider-Gwen cover that's exclusive for ComicXpress. From the prelim art, it looks pretty good. The cover will be for Spider-Gwen #9. Looking forward to it. Don't have the pix for it yet, but you can see it on their site. Still on #teamslippers!

Edited by Praxis52