• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Packaging slabs for shipping

17 posts in this topic

Been there. Spent $300 on a book and the pinhead stuck it in a bubble-mailer. Cracked corner post. Unfortunately, it was a sig book that was very hard to find - so I kept it at a discount. Hope yours miraculously survives unscathed.

WTF is wrong with people?! doh!

Stop being lazy and cheap, invest in some boxes and packing material. There is no excuse for poor packaging.

Right?

Not sure which is worse; this packing job, or another seller who started hounding me for feedback as soon as the package arrived. I don't always have time to open my purchases right away. I'll leave appropriate feedback when I do.

The best way for me to not leave feedback on a purchase is to bug me about it.

When I sell something, I leave the listing in my "sold" folder for a month. I never hound anyone, and if the item doesn't get FB in that time, I delete it and figure "they aren't going to leave FB anyway." Rarely does it happen that someone leaves FB after a month. I just can't worry about it.

-slym

The best way for me to not leave feedback on a purchase is to bug me about it.

When I sell something, I leave the listing in my "sold" folder for a month. I never hound anyone, and if the item doesn't get FB in that time, I delete it and figure "they aren't going to leave FB anyway." Rarely does it happen that someone leaves FB after a month. I just can't worry about it.

-slym

Sometimes I will, as there are times when I'm busy with work and I simply don't have time to check out all of my purchases right away to see if everything is good. In this case, I now have 4 messages for a book that I got last week. I understand the guy is looking to build feedback, but this is not the way to do it.

Regarding the book in the bubble mailer, it looks like it survived the trip unscathed. The seller's ID is pavilion12010, if anyone wants to note now that person ships.

You can get "FREE" Priority and Express mail boxes for shipping from USPS in various sizes. More choices delivered "FREE" by ordering from their website. No excuse to package like this seller did. Some boardies have posted that a 1092 box fits nicely in a 1095 box to make a nice sturdy Box that can handle 1 or 2 and maybe up to 3 CGC books depending on how you pack.