• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

Ug. So I had a shipment of 25 books come back a few minutes ago. This was the one I complained about in another thread where the grading was ridiculously harsh to the point where it is an automatic re-sub on at least 5 of the books. 

The tape on the top and bottom of the box was torn which was a bad sign, and the box looked pretty rough. I had this before where the books were ok so I just took a deep breath and went through them. Without looking too carefully yet I found 6 books where the cases had large cracks and crushes and two other books with very large newton rings. 

The worst part? None of the books I was going to crack myself were the ones crushed. Oh well, looks like I will be on the phone with customer service again tomorrow. At least CGC is good about fixing such problems. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 7/4/2022 at 10:44 AM, Stefan_W said:

Ug. So I had a shipment of 25 books come back a few minutes ago. This was the one I complained about in another thread where the grading was ridiculously harsh to the point where it is an automatic re-sub on at least 5 of the books. 

The tape on the top and bottom of the box was torn was was a bad sign, and the box looked pretty rough. I had this before where the books were ok so I just took a deep breath and went through them. Without looking too carefully yet I found 6 books where the cases had large cracks and crushes and two other books with very large newton rings. 

The worst part? None of the books I was going to crack myself were the ones crushed. Oh well, looks like I will be on the phone with customer service again tomorrow. At least CGC is good about fixing such problems. 

This may sound selfish, but you said it came back minutes ago? On July 4th? I too have a shipment to come back from cgc, the tracking estimates tomorrow, yet it says loaded on vehicle and out for delivery today as well....

Just curious if I should really expect it today....  (shrug)? ? ?

But sorry to hear about your shipment, if you can provide feedback and it comes today, I'll see how it turns out. (thumbsu

On 7/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This may sound selfish, but you said it came back minutes ago? On July 4th? I too have a shipment to come back from cgc, the tracking estimates tomorrow, yet it says loaded on vehicle and out for delivery today as well....

Just curious if I should really expect it today....  (shrug)? ? ?

But sorry to hear about your shipment, if you can provide feedback and it comes today, I'll see how it turns out. (thumbsu

I am in Canada, we had our holiday last Friday on the 1st. 

@CGC Mike Were you looking for examples of recent QC issues? I received a shipment of books today with some issues. 

2 books came back 9.8 WP with a bent corner and a pinched lower cover edge.
(I'm hesitant to raise the issue to customer service as I don't want to risk a lower grade)

2 books came back 9.6 WP came back a little loose.

1 9.4 came back with an enclosed hair.

The other three issues don't present well in photos.

fc.jpg

close_u.jpg

fc.jpg

hair.jpg

On 7/4/2022 at 5:56 PM, WilliamLunt said:

@CGC Mike Were you looking for examples of recent QC issues? I received a shipment of books today with some issues. 

2 books came back 9.8 WP with a bent corner and a pinched lower cover edge.
(I'm hesitant to raise the issue to customer service as I don't want to risk a lower grade)

2 books came back 9.6 WP came back a little loose.

1 9.4 came back with an enclosed hair.

The other three issues don't present well in photos.

fc.jpg

close_u.jpg

fc.jpg

hair.jpg

On July 4th?

I have a shipment that is estimated tomorrow but says out for delivery today? Kind of mixed message and I'll believe it when I see it, but.... yours happened today?

On 7/4/2022 at 6:04 PM, WilliamLunt said:

I'm Canadian.

Lol that's the 2nd time today I fell for that lol

No worries. I'm sure mine will come tomorrow for sure. :)

On 7/4/2022 at 6:10 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

76103B9A-D543-4E33-B16C-D8C52D2A7295.gif.f6241c60dceb4504807f4ee4a0463e5a.gif

Given the post just now in a "QC" thread of books delivered today, youd think to be a little more understanding of wanting them back safely, anxious and worried at the same time lol

But thanks for your light hearted nature  :)

On 7/4/2022 at 6:26 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m Canadian 

Yes, and the irony of both shipments back to Canada today from cgc resulted in - Mike being tagged.

Due to issues with the package. :whatthe:

Seems a proper jumping off point. :(

On 7/4/2022 at 6:33 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Here’s hoping your books....EE471EA5-FF81-4A6F-A915-A3EE66EA4004.gif.de002c081c98228a39b0f1d5b7a8c5f1.gif

Lol thanks, I really dont expect it today, but its appreciated as it threw me off why it says out for delivery. 

@WilliamLunt my apologies if I seemed selfish, for speaking up, I'm anxious.

Like the mail having a day off, cgc Mike is probably less hyper active today, but I'm sure will see your slabs and message. 

My bad guys

• Administrator
On 7/4/2022 at 6:56 PM, WilliamLunt said:

@CGC Mike Were you looking for examples of recent QC issues?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I will make sure the QC manager sees these examples. 

On 7/4/2022 at 11:44 AM, Stefan_W said:

The tape on the top and bottom of the box was torn which was a bad sign, and the box looked pretty rough. I had this before where the books were ok so I just took a deep breath and went through them. Without looking too carefully yet I found 6 books where the cases had large cracks and crushes and two other books with very large newton rings. 

Here is the worst example of case damage. FedEx gave this box the full on gorilla treatment. 

Trying to figure out how to safely send this back since it is a 9.8 and for my PC and I dont want to damage the book. I will ask customer service whether it is ok to tape the piece of the case back on, and I can sandwich it between two piece of cardboard or something. 

Thumbnail.jpg

• Administrator

Everything that was posted during the last week was sent to the QC manager.  Please continue to post any recent problems.  

On 7/5/2022 at 8:45 PM, CGC Mike said:

Everything that was posted during the last week was sent to the QC manager.  Please continue to post any recent problems.  

This was mislabeled, it should have a mark jewelers notation. The only proof I have with the slab is the star stamp in the price box by the character.

I filled out the mechanical error form and added one I had from a long time ago, that I had been meaning to send ( is labeled a variant but is the regular cover, but it was from a while ago.)

2022_07_05 12_02 PM Office Lens.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/5/2022 at 8:56 AM, Stefan_W said:

Here is the worst example of case damage. FedEx gave this box the full on gorilla treatment. 

Trying to figure out how to safely send this back since it is a 9.8 and for my PC and I dont want to damage the book. I will ask customer service whether it is ok to tape the piece of the case back on, and I can sandwich it between two piece of cardboard or something. 

Thumbnail.jpg

I wonder if that merits a regrade.