• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2022 at 4:01 AM, Gaard said:

Which of these do you think best describes how the employees react each time they're told of these problems...

urkel.jpg

care.jpg

You're assuming they're told of these problems.

;)

Every book in the sub was sig series, yet  I still got a blue label. It was with three other yellow label books, and the qc guy who had to inspect this was like, “yup, it’s good, send it out!” This proves that they don’t look at these at all. 

6AA6BBCE-B16F-4FDE-BCC9-BC91EE5A9E71.jpeg

On 9/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Every book in the sub was sig series, yet  I still got a blue label. It was with three other yellow label books, and the qc guy who had to inspect this was like, “yup, it’s good, send it out!” This proves that they don’t look at these at all. 

quality-meme-942549764.jpg.b510d41e0a0cb164dcf18317887fb666.jpg

On 9/2/2022 at 10:10 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Even Spider-man is disappointed in the quality control. 

On 9/2/2022 at 8:10 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

What surprises me is that the system doesn't automatically spit out a yellow label if their "signed by" form is filled in.

Also that Spiderman UPC is on point for this.

Edited by Tnexus

On 9/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

venom.jpg

• Administrator
On 8/30/2022 at 1:45 PM, wombat said:

@CGC Mike Question on something like this. Is there something in the QC process where if a book is sent back for a reholder for a defect does the person doing the final QC know about the original reason the book was sent back? 

If the customer gives a reason for a return, then it stays with the paperwork.

Sometimes we don’t get a reason & have to try and figure it out.

If nothing can be found, then the QC team just performs a standard check.

For the most part the receiving team writes on the invoice what’s wrong & QC can see that.

I guess long answer is we try to provide information to the QC team but it’s not always available.

I just got back a book from CGC and I am wondering if it should/qualifies for a re-holder.  The book in question is a Catwoman 80th anniversary special which happens to be a 100 page comic.  I haven't ever had a larger size comic slabbed before so I am a bit unsure if this is a problem or the way it is supposed to be.  When I turn the slab, I can feel the interior holder and book move every so slightly back and forth.

Is this they way slabs are designed for larger size books and normal or does this qualify for a re-holder?

On 9/6/2022 at 2:59 PM, manetteska said:

They got me. 

8E19DC79-26F5-444B-AE27-0414C0E90972.thumb.jpeg.7165e51ae9efed5621b8ba3b26ecf29e.jpeg

CGC ME Community -

What is the best way to send these back to CGC with a pre-paid label?

Usually I use USPS to ship, and above $5000 (as these two are) I have to send Registered, which requires paper-tape and is a giant pain.

Is that the best method, or can I choose FedEx and regular plastic box tape? Or is the insurance value too high?