• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

• Administrator

I believe there were 4 books sent in, and the labels were switched on all of them.  I'm not sure the thread title matched the problem, and I don't remember which forum it was in.

On 6/26/2022 at 8:01 PM, CGC Mike said:

I believe there were 4 books sent in, and the labels were switched on all of them.  I'm not sure the thread title matched the problem, and I don't remember which forum it was in.

Could it have been this thread on page 141 6/14 sound like a reasonable date before last email?

Also on page 143 there is a @BlowUpTheMoon pic that doesnt load for me

Screenshot_20220626-200636_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Administrator

Those were all sent last week.  The books in question were not posted in this thread.  No worries, I'll just go by memory.   Thanks for the effort.

On 6/27/2022 at 4:34 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Jump in at 3:26

Might be good to tag @CGC Mike although I know he monitors this thread. I just didnt know if the emails sent were more than once a week, but jic there was another one eminent.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:34 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Jump in at 3:26

Just atrocious 

Newton rings are completely a non issue in my eyes. Yeah, it ain't pretty, but a 9.9 book is a graded 9.9 book.

Period

On 6/27/2022 at 5:50 PM, The Meta said:

Just atrocious 

Newton rings are completely a non issue in my eyes. Yeah, it ain't pretty, but a 9.9 book is a graded 9.9 book.

Period

What’s the point of having a display case for that 9.9 if the case doesn’t....display?

On 6/27/2022 at 7:11 PM, The Meta said:

Because I thought the point of having something graded was to know the grade

The case was to protect the grade

Its evolved from being about the book, to being about the case

Which is exactly what CGC wants people to believe

You’re not wrong.  It’s become a completely different animal....

On 6/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What’s the point of having a display case for that 9.9 if the case doesn’t....display?

100% Most of the time, when people say it doesn't bother them,  they have yet to see the bad ones that cover the entire front cover. 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:57 PM, I like pie said:

100% Most of the time, when people say it doesn't bother them,  they have yet to see the bad ones that cover the entire front cover. 

It looks like an oil spill.  It’s unacceptable given the product they’re peddling.