• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2014 What Did You Get In The Forums Holiday Gift Exchange?

267 posts in this topic

My secret santa gift showed up!! :whee:

Hmm, no signs of customs opening the package, I wonder why it took over A MONTH?

yLzjrVMl.jpgcnwFhfYl.jpg

Oh well, at least it's packaged perfectly, and wrapped with superheroes!

esQT5hLl.jpgXG5gXZOl.jpg

So I put down "Collecting preferences(what you might like to receive): I collect 70s horror, kirby thors, neal adams batman, I love iconic covers :) "

Is that a Kirby Galactus and Silver Surfer Christmas poster! Heck ya it is! :cloud9:

Uuj56Rql.jpg

How about some 70's horror? I love all these covers, Gil Kane Vampire cover! I can not wait to read these.

rG8GbuYl.jpgYigxmigl.jpgjLoc8wdl.jpg

Z3XsSFal.jpgzm7jc94l.jpg

Icnoic cover! I didn't mention it but I'm also collecting the Strange Tales run and I don't have this one! I've been looking for it though, it has a Dennis O'Neil Doctor Strange story. Sweet! :banana:

wem7cRTl.jpg

Neal Adams Batman and Plastic Man Cover! Love it!

wWFJxFel.jpg

AAAAAND a Kirby Thor that I need and it's in great shape. First part of the inhumans origin too! This one goes straight into the run. (worship)

qhQGxUFl.jpg

I don't how know how my secret santa managed it, but he got me books from runs that I'm actively working on and gave me all books that I needed!

Well done sir, thank you and I hope you had a great Holiday and New Year. :)

Better (wayyyyyyyyyyy) late than never, I finally got to my P.O. Box after holiday travels and was able to complete the package sent to me by my SS, Designer Toast!

I already had received a generous Amazon gift card via e-mail, and to add to that the contents of the package were amazing: some nice Bronze books to peruse, a trio of Toon Tumblers, Batman: Year 1 trade, some vintage Skybox Marvel cards and arguably the coolest thing of all, a hard-to-find Marvel puzzle book... All extremely awesome!

Thanks Toast for the amazing gifts!!!

69F07929-F93B-4D07-94E1-A9F7557ABBA0_zpsnhemjjhc.jpg

The last secret Santa gift has FINALLY reached its country of destination!! Black Lantern will be getting the issues of woodgod I sent him this week!

2015/01/24 09:45 ATVIEB, International shipment has arrived in a foreign country

2014/12/18 08:18 VILLE ST-LAURENT International item has left Canada

2014/12/10 07:53 STONEY CREEK Item processed

2014/12/09 13:10

awesome gifts you received --we seem to collect the same type of things.

That Thor 146 looks real nice. My copy is in such bad shape that it barely is worth calling a filler copy. Been looking to replace it and finally get a 145 for quite a while but the prices are just wacky right now.