• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recent pickups posted by steve_celtics123456

7 posts in this topic

Sounds like you've got your head on straight and at only 18, that's awesome...working, going to college, and buying great old comics when you can. Ah, the good life. What inspired you to collect, was it that ASM you were given? Who gave it to you and what was the occasion? Congrats on these nice pick ups! Look forward to watching your collection come together. Keep them journals coming!

thank you :) , its a lot of work going to school and expensive on my behalf , the spiderman 18 definitely started it , my step-dad (who is not around anymore) , randomly said he wanted to show me a book he said he wanted me to have (#18) (and he's had it for over 30 years since we was young ) and long behold as the years passed he gave me his collection and I've just be adding to finish his DD set , ASM , and fantastic four , and others in his memory , and to be honest i am impulsive to cool covers and i do enjoy reading the low grade copies of books i have :)

Very cool Stephen, thanks for sharing your story and your collection. I am right there with you on being drawn in by a cool cover, even if it's not something you normally collect. Best of luck getting the books you want and at a price you can manage!