• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN Sony-Marvel potential deal OFFICIAL THREAD

351 posts in this topic

What about this scenario?

Spider-Man goes back to Marvel, but Sony still makes Sinister Six and Venom vs Carnage movies.

An example is Sony lets Spider-Man cameo in Avengers, but still go ahead with their planned Sinister Six and Venom movies.

hm

I think that is actually one of the scenarios that came up from the emails. So if Sony was pondering it, there is a chance it could come true. But I wonder how solid a course of action that would be taking key villains from the Spidey Universe and having them go off on their own without him.

I guess we will see.

I agree with you. Even if SONY kept Spider-Man and try to do Spidererse movies they are going to bomb. The villains have been done poorly which is my favorite thing about Spidey. I'm not sure I would be willing to sit through a Sinister Six movie unleashed by SONY.

SINISTER SIX Still In Development; SPIDER-MAN Expected To Appear In CIVIL WAR

-----------------

As for Sinister Six, they add that while it will no longer be released next November, "The studio will rethink its approach to the film, which remains in development, in light of the new agreement with Marvel." It was clear in those leaked emails that Amy Pascal was keen on making that one happen, and you have to wonder now if it will somehow be reworked into being that 2017 Spider-Man movie. Spider-Man: Sinister Six anyone?

-----------------

This news is so big, it is all over the place with reporting sites. Don't tell us Marvel wasn't concerned with having no control over Spider-Man at the cinema. He is a guaranteed box office draw in the most efficient hands.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

I can only guess at the dollar bump this will cause for CIVIL WAR if that is where they plug him in.

Of course, the audience you share this news with does matter.

I was telling a co-worker about this when she started talking about current events. The look I received back was like 'Comic books aren't news!'

:cry:

I was telling a co-worker about this when she started talking about current events. The look I received back was like 'Comic books aren't news!'

I would rather hear the news on Spidey and Marvel, as opposed to the murders, rapes, and moms who dump their babies in the trash.

I would rather hear the news on Spidey and Marvel, as opposed to the murders, rapes, and moms who dump their babies in the trash.

+1,000,000

these is a smart move for both Sony and Marvel/Disney. i think these could have been a deal they wanted to do with Fox also but Sony had a better relationship with Marvel/Disney then Fox. i do wonder if Sony & Marvel/Disney stock when up.

"@_ChristopherM: AVENGERS INFINITY WAR is the perfect film to give VENOM his origin.. since he's space goo pic.twitter.com/VyDBUT7ghs" Exactly

— Daniel Alter (@DAlter007) February 10, 2015

The end credits speculation game for #AvengersAgeOfUltron just got a whole lot more interesting. #SpiderMan #Marvel #HailFeige

— Daniel Alter (@DAlter007) February 10, 2015

Do you think is doable to set up a post credit scene for AAOU with Spiderman?

Sure, even if they don't have an actor yet. The avengers come across some criminals all "webbed up". Even without showing spider-man they could drop a teaser like scene. Heck they could just flat out show Spider-man, just not the actor under the mask.

I'm already hearing rumors about Avengers #11 (1st Spidey/Avengers association) shooting up in price and the possibility of Sony/Marvel canning Andrew Garfield as Spidey and possibly using Miles Morales in the new joint venture. Time to snatch up some Ultimate Fallout #4s? hm