• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN Sony-Marvel potential deal OFFICIAL THREAD

351 posts in this topic

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/11/spider-man-five-directors-who-could-take-over-the-marvel-franchi/

Spider-Man: Five Directors Who Could Take Over the Marvel Franchise

PLEASE keep Bay and Cameron as far away from this as possible.

Not part of this list, but after reading this I got to thinking what about Tim Burton?

Imagine the detail he put into it like his first two Batman's?

No thanks.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/11/spider-man-five-directors-who-could-take-over-the-marvel-franchi/

Spider-Man: Five Directors Who Could Take Over the Marvel Franchise

PLEASE keep Bay and Cameron as far away from this as possible.

Not part of this list, but after reading this I got to thinking what about Tim Burton?

Imagine the detail he put into it like his first two Batman's?

No thanks.

+ elevendybillion

Marvel has made some off-beat directorial choices since the first 'Iron Man', but they've all paid off to some degree. To pluck the Russo brothers from the sit-com 'Community' and give them 'Winter Soldier' is all I need to know about their instincts for who will bring passion and commitment to the table. I don't care who it is -- I trust Marvel to pick a winner.

Dan

Marvel has made some off-beat directorial choices since the first 'Iron Man', but they've all paid off to some degree. To pluck the Russo brothers from the sit-com 'Community' and give them 'Winter Soldier' is all I need to know about their instincts for who will bring passion and commitment to the table. I don't care who it is -- I trust Marvel to pick a winner.

Dan

Shane Black - who wrote amazing action films (Lethal Weapon, Long Kiss Goodnight) plus some legit sequels - dropped Iron Man 3 like a turd in a punchbowl.

It made money, but wow. It was ugly, back-alley stripper money you don't brag about. I'll likely go see all the Marvel films until they bore the Hell out of everyone, but after Iron Man 2 and 3 and Thor The Dark World, I certainly don't feel that amazing directors or screenwriters can do no wrong with Marvel properties.

But, with that said - they have a true moment now, with getting back Spider-man. Like a JJ Abrams/Star Wars moment. They have a chance to undo all the damage Sony has done - and I think Marvel is big enough and smart enough to step up to the plate with a master plan for the new approach to spidey.

I agree that IM 3 was a disappointment; Black's direction was underwhelming. But I liked Thor 2's direction despite its other flaws.

As you say, we will see! The pressure will be HUGE to get all of this right this time around.

Dan

Let me just say that I hope that though it's yet another reboot, they acknowledge (or at least very lightly hint at) the activities from either of the previous realities. If we're skipping the origin story then that means they're looking at make Spidey out as at least some kind of established hero, so maybe reference Gwen's death, or his lost friend in Harry, or something that audiences may remember from the other two series.

Not necessary, just my preference :foryou:

Let me just say that I hope that though it's yet another reboot, they acknowledge (or at least very lightly hint at) the activities from either of the previous realities. If we're skipping the origin story then that means they're looking at make Spidey out as at least some kind of established hero, so maybe reference Gwen's death, or his lost friend in Harry, or something that audiences may remember from the other two series.

I'd continue the series from the 2nd movie, introduce a new Gwen (preferably without a husky smokey voice) and just pretend the last three never happened.

I'd continue the series from the 2nd movie, introduce a new Gwen (preferably without a husky smokey voice) and just pretend the last three never happened.

+ 1

But, with that said - they have a true moment now, with getting back Spider-man. Like a JJ Abrams/Star Wars moment. They have a chance to undo all the damage Sony has done - and I think Marvel is big enough and smart enough to step up to the plate with a master plan for the new approach to spidey.

I agree with this notion. I think this could be Marvel's biggest test. Bring Spidey back to the glory he should have always had on the big screen.

I think I'm more excited about the next time I see Spidey on the big screen then I was for Spider-Man.

Why not just introduce MJ and go from there? Reintroducing Gwen would be really odd…

If nothing else comes from rebooting the series can we get a decent Green Goblin? I'll give Warner Bros credit they got the Joker right in two Batman movies. Sony is 0 for 2 on GG even though I thought Willem Dafoe was great as Norman, I hated the GG costume. The GG in ASM2 or whatever he was supposed to be was a steaming pile of poo. I think at this point I could even accept an Ultimate version, if done right, and that's coming from an old school Spidey fan. If not let's move onto Mysterio.