• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Box got beat up

45 posts in this topic

So I am getting a message here from everyone's input about my initial question. It is that in post after post it seems to be making the case that the seller(who is a comic dealer) did not exercise due caution in packaging. The degree of care given to my shipment was insufficient.

I stated right off that I feel it was only luck that nothing bad happened to my books. Indeed when I saw the package at my door step I found it hard to believe at first that my comics could be inside that tattered shell.

So then I would conclude that in the future if I do deal with the same dealer that I will at least make certain that more time be given to the books safety. Thank you .

agree with jaeld - if the books were undamaged - then the packaging did a pretty good job considering. I would be more concerned if the interior packaging was skimpy.

I entirely agree with this, H0RR0R, I have received things which for actual MIRACLES were undamaged.

The package mostly shows a bad treatment by the USPS, I would not blame much the seller.

To be honest, I have never received such a mistreated package within Italy… hm

So then I would conclude that in the future if I do deal with the same dealer that I will at least make certain that more time be given to the books safety. Thank you .

Yes, just take care of this. I am not accustomed with slabs, but the few times I packed them, I tried to make sure the package was damage proof. :)

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or if I should start a separate thread. The photos are of a package of cgc books I bought from eBay. The seller has posted to the boards but not in quite sometime. I do not want to mention the name. I was wondering if people here would be concerned by the condition of the package when it arrived. Only $100 in books . The books were not damaged but I took the photos preemptively just in case. Should I avoid the seller in the future just based on the box?

I wouldn't buy from them again. Just because the comics were not damaged this time due to this kind of packaging doesn't mean that they won't the next time.

Can you tell if it was a re-used box? Or was it just a box that got pummeled by the PO?

I save materials all the time to reuse, although I wouldn't reuse a box for shipping (other than those awesome CGC shipping boxes that FT uses). If it's a reused box, then that's on the seller.

If it's the PO that did the dirty work, I don't see how you can blame that on the seller.

It looks like the seller taped it up pretty good and made a good effort to package it well.

That looks like a box that has been used repeatedly.

Kudos for packaging the books to arrive undamaged but reusing a box so many times is just playing with fire.

The title of this thread is awesome, btw.

I can't stand getting a beat up box.... I prefer a new one every time and used ones are unacceptable.

:acclaim:

For me to reuse a box it has to be in excellent shape with no folds or tears or crumple zones. I usually recycle the CLink boxes as well as the CGC boxes and the Diamond boxes, otherwise I use double USPS priority boxes.

Cereal boxes are the only way to go when shipping comics.

41930-box.jpg

That truly is the best way. One should always use the old cereal wrapper to put the comics in to truly keep them protected.

I can't stand getting a beat up box.... I prefer a new one every time and used ones are unacceptable.

I'll take a beat up box over a slab shipped in an envelope anyday.

Wow...an envelope? The only thing worse is the classic thread where they shipped the slab with postage affixed to it. lol

:acclaim:

For me to reuse a box it has to be in excellent shape with no folds or tears or crumple zones. I usually recycle the CLink boxes as well as the CGC boxes and the Diamond boxes, otherwise I use double USPS priority boxes.

Diamond boxes are excellent since they are double corrugated like the CGC boxes. Nice and thick. They add a little weight to the cost of postage but offer great protection.

I reuse pretty much all the boxes I get from auction houses and the occasional Diamond box I am sent. Most others are either put out for recycling or cut up for use inside the boxes. Most boxes sent media mail are not reusable.

Wow...an envelope? The only thing worse is the classic thread where they shipped the slab with postage affixed to it. lol

I've seen that thread. Oddly enough, it seems like it was better to ship the slab with the postal stamp on it affixed to it, rather than put it in the envelope. My slab was cracked it 3 places when it came in an envelope.