• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$10,000

98 posts in this topic

I would say FF #1 and AMS #1 are under the radar compared to the marvel movie books. Both are classics and will always go up in value. A decent grade could be had for $10,000.00 and I would hold either for 15 to 20 years they are entrenched in comic book history. The higher prices get on the AF #15 people settle for AMS #1. my 2c

Agree with Hulk #1 and B&B #28

Can somebody please tell me why, when offered the hypothetical chance to build a sweet run or acquire a grail for one's collection, and keep them to enjoy for decades, the vast majority of posters would instead buy SA comics as investments? (shrug)

I wouldn't chase any books that have been white-hot the last few years (Hulk 1 and AF 15) or books that are plentiful (X-men 1, DD 1, Spidey 1, etc.). A lot of folks have mentioned FF 1, and I think that hits the spot well. The DC SA keys (Showcase 4 and 22 and B&B 28) are possibilities, but they also seem to have blown up recently.

Perhaps OAAW 83? :shy:

Super HG DD #1 might be a good one as well. If they ever get a movie made that will bump. The issue is how long till a movie is made

As for Bob's question you are likely killing 2 birds with one stone if you buy a SA run or key with the intention of keeping it long term are'nt you also getting the investment impact as well anyway.

So if you got 10k spend it wisely either way. Don't buy 10k worth of modern drek and hope for the best long term.

Undervalued DC keys are tempting...but would demand finally push the values up to "where they should be" in 15-20 years? hm I'd grab a Hulk 1 or AF 15

I remember when AF 15's were going for a thousand dollars,and I thought then that that was the ceiling.then they went for 5K,and thought "gotta be the highest it can go". What I'm getting at is, I don't think there is a ceiling for books like AF 15 or Hulk #1,or Showcase 4's and books like it. I think you should try to get the grails you desire as soon as you can,even at today's prices.Surely they will seem like a bargain in another twenty years.