• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Stan Lee sig on this AF15 authentic?

48 posts in this topic

Except he dates the old sigs. That's my only problem with it. Even on the cover he would date it. Also I don't think he would be using a marker like that in the 70's.

But certainly there are some situations where he's signed in a hurry in an odd place, like if someone accosted him in line at a grocery store and he signed it on a grapefruit or something, and he used whatever pen was near by.

I think it's legit

One of the subtle things about Lee's sig is the second e is always more open than the first e. The angle of the tail on the e is distinctive. The sig has this characteristic.

It looks like Stan's signature back in the 70s. I'm not saying it's real but it does look like how his signature used to look many years ago.

It's similar to Stan's vintage signature, but looks less smooth and flowing.

TOS39cgc.jpg

I have some sig books that have horrible signatures by him. The further into his signing that you go, the worse they get. I admire the fact that he can sign for as long as he does at his age.

That looks 100% authentic. Likely an late 70's/early 80's sig from the references I could quickly pull up. I'm surprised there is doubt.

I've got something like 20 or so signed books from stan. Most of which I was there when he signed. The signature looks off to me. If it was in a yellow label instead of a blue I'd be PMing Mike to know if that was witnessed or "witnessed".