• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maximum thickness for a book to be graded

11 posts in this topic

What is the thickest a book can be and still be graded by CGC? I found this answer in the ASK CGC forum. Is this accurate?

Currently the maximum thickness is 3/4" for any items to be graded/encapsulated.

I realize this is a credible source, but I've never personally seen anything near as thick as 3/4" in a slab. I have a TPB that's about 1/2" that I'd like slabbed, but I want to see if anyone has any pics of slabs near the 3/4" threshold. Has anyone had a book sent back stating it was too thick to slab?

as a rule, just because CGC has graded them before doesn't mean they'll continue to. So contact CGC directly and ask about the book you're interested in.

I was just burned on a Galaxy Magazine (first George Romero published work) signed by George Romero. - The CGC thinks they'll hurt the book if they encapsulate and I thought I was good because I saw one copy on Myslabbedcomics :(

Any tpb I had slabbed or bought, saw it's inner wedges starting to bend, causing the book inside to slide around the holder and scuff while being delivered in the mail. I've always felt these things were too heavy to slab anyway. Was gonna talk to CGC about this a couple of years ago, but their telephone customer service kinda sucked at the time and I just didn't want to bother with them again for a while.