• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.I.M. 83 request

12 posts in this topic

Good evening Silver Agers.

Does anyone have their copy of Journey Into Mystery 83 close at hand?

I picked up a box of bits and pieces recently, and much to my surprise, when I sorted through everything the first time I came up with a coverless copy of JIM 83....and further down, the front cover. There are still hundreds of bits to look at, but I've sorted through to grab the back covers out and there's no obvious match.

I'd like to know what I'm looking for, lol

Pix of back cover inside and out would be the best of course, and all I need is something clear enough to use for an ID of the missing cover....if it's there at all, of course.

Many thanks!

Rick Santman

catrick339

Aha! So no guarantee unless the department matches too.

Many thanks, Moon!

Back covers that look the same from issue to issue do indeed have minute differences that differentiate them.

Serial numbers, different products, addresses, sometimes even just the wording in the ad can be different.

Many thanks, Vintage and KJ!

That should help me pin it down! If I find the blasted thing I'll be sure to take a scan and post it here.

Rick, fingers crossed for a complete beater key

Where do you find this mouldy Silver and Gold gold, Rick? What a comic detective you are! :)

Gary, I'm running hot this fall, with one lunatic lowgrade collector now in his 70's thinning the herd, and another fellow selling of a box of junk (and BOY was most of it junk, lol ) at a local swap meet.

I'm always out there beating the bushes through Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, flea markets, swap meets, antique shows and stores, auctions, garage sales, you name it. I know I look like a lazy old coot, but I work pretty hard at it.

First couple of nice blasts I've had in a couple years, I'm tickled pink.

No, the Detective (Issue 2) has found a new home. I read it four or five times, and I REALLY enjoyed the Slam Bradley serial by Siegel and Shuster, but I simply cannot afford to collect early Detectives. I traded it to a friend who lusted after it for some early Fantastic Fours I needed.

By the way, I found time to dig through the scraps looking for the back cover for the JIM 83, alas it isn't there.

I'm STILL pretty pleased to get (most of) a key Marvel for not much money.