• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone listed a stunning Action Comics #10 CGC 4.0 on eBay...

122 posts in this topic

The 13 looks like the back cover has a big trim ? I have a nice 13 with coupon clip on back cover would like to have a back cover to sell with the book when i sell.

Any one here have 1 pm me Thanks

Does this mean GAtor you got the 10? if so great book.

yah the BC edge looks short for sure.

Different back cover maybe, married via tape to a FC?

Same back cover as all Acton 13 mine and the 1 on CC look

http://www.comicconnect.com./bookDetail.php?id=415254&enlarge=1

Yeah, I wasn't doubting it was the correct cover for an Action 13, just that the reason it was short was because it was married as opposed to trimmed.

The 13 looks like the back cover has a big trim ? I have a nice 13 with coupon clip on back cover would like to have a back cover to sell with the book when i sell.

Yeah, I wasn't doubting it was the correct cover for an Action 13, just that the reason it was short was because it was married as opposed to trimmed.

+1. Yep the BC is correct for sure. Whether is was original to that interior and FC at time of press print is the question

+1. Yep the BC is correct for sure. Whether is was original to that interior and FC at time of press print is the question

Same back cover as Detective #28 and Adventure #39. Matt once told me that Adventures, for some unknown reason, are more narrow than other GA DC titles, so it's more difficult to match an Adventure 39 back cover to an Action 13.

I have not seen my Action 13 in years but i do know it was to cheap of a book to restore in the 80s and a coupon was cut. How bad dont remember and scared to look its a nice white page no tape or dark inside covers 5.0 copy.

The back cover on the ebay copy http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACTION-COMICS-13-ORIGINAL-1939-VERY-RARE-/201262106226?#ht_124wt_977 the right one or not is real short for any goldenage book.

Same back cover as Detective #28 and Adventure #39. Matt once told me that Adventures, for some unknown reason, are more narrow than other GA DC titles, so it's more difficult to match an Adventure 39 back cover to an Action 13.

suggesting this BC may be from an adventure 39? That BC edge looks like it's about a full inch short.

Regarding (Ebay member 44256)'s Action #13 on Ebay:

I've exchanged a few emails.

He told me he won't end the auction early, but is still taking offers.

I offered him 5k if the interior is complete.

He hasn't told me if it's complete, but he declined my offer claiming he's already had offers up to 9,500.00...

I said good luck.

Regarding (Ebay member 44256)'s Action #13 on Ebay:

I've exchanged a few emails.

He told me he won't end the auction early, but is still taking offers.

I offered him 5k if the interior is complete.

He hasn't told me if it's complete, but he declined my offer claiming he's already had offers up to 9,500.00...

I said good luck.

Love your Marvel 2 and Cap 3 just the right grade for me. Would just love to have a copy. I have a 1 missing cover and last page that 2 would look nice with my photo cover 1?

suggesting this BC may be from an adventure 39? That BC edge looks like it's about a full inch short.

Not suggesting that the fact that it might be an Adventure 39 back cover explains this copy. Matt was talking a fraction of an inch, not a full inch.

Not suggesting that the fact that it might be an Adventure 39 back cover explains this copy. Matt was talking a fraction of an inch, not a full inch.

+1000 thats a full inch but its internet inch ? :o

He sold the 10 and 23 (after accepting my offer and committing to sell the 23 to me, took a slightly higher offer). I'm done with him

Take it as a blessing.... look at the Action 14 and then repeat the line "... I do not know if there has been any restoration ever done to the book"...

He sold the 10 and 23 (after accepting my offer and committing to sell the 23 to me, took a slightly higher offer). I'm done with him

Take it as a blessing.... look at the Action 14 and then repeat the line "... I do not know if there has been any restoration ever done to the book"...

You got that right Mxwll Smrt Chief out.

The #10 and #23 are slabbed. :gossip:

The #10 and #23 are slabbed. :gossip:

Yes. A CGC 4.0 and 3.0 Universal :kidaround:

When I asked the seller why he closed the auction in the first place, he told me because he did receive an offer of $7500 for it. And now it's back up for sale doh! I didn't believe he got an offer of that much.
:screwy: and as Nearmint mentioned, it's questionable if the BC is original to that copy.