• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec 31 or Batman 227: Which cover do you prefer?

Tec 31 or Batman 227: Whiche cover do you prefer  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Tec 31 or Batman 227: Whiche cover do you prefer

16 posts in this topic

227 is a memorable Adams cover, but it wouldn't exist without Tec 31, and perhaps it's just my preference for Gold over Silver/Bronze in general, but even though Adams was the superior artist, his cover lacks the sinister pulpy quality of the original.

227 is a memorable Adams cover, but it wouldn't exist without Tec 31, and perhaps it's just my preference for Gold over Silver/Bronze in general, but even though Adams was the superior artist, his cover lacks the sinister pulpy quality of the original.
I'm very much a Bronze fan, but would also choose the Tec 31 for the same reasons.

tec 31 looks like it was drawn by a 12 y.o. only famous thanks to Adams.

saying that the golden era has a certain charm despite all artwork being comparitivly amateur.

I'm sorry...what?

That's ridiculous. There's a reason Adams did an homage to this cover. It is the quintessential "classic Batman cover".