• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers 4

152 posts in this topic

Just saw the movie. As someone in this thread mentioned it was typical Micheal Bay. Hardly Amy character development, lots of explosions, cool music and slow mo stuff. With that said I thought it was decent. I watched the whole movie I'd say 3.5 out of 5 for me.

Nothing beats the original animated movie.

I grew up with Transformers and the Michael Bay films are typical popcorn fluff, I think Pacific Rim was a bit more enjoyable but even thats a stretch.

:golfclap:

There is only ONE Transformers movie and it came out in 1986. It also happens to be the best animated movie of all time.

The Bay movies are an abomination.

Good

Peter Cullen and Frank Welker doing the voices.

I liked 3 of the designs (Megatron, Bumblebee and Barricade).

Great effects (but poor editing makes it hard to see the action)

The score is good.

Bad

Everything else.

Story, dialogue, length, editing, acting, "humor", designs. Everything.

Man you guys are harsh. It's not for everyone.

I thought the movie was awesome and the best one yet. :headbang:

AMAZING!!!!!!! 5/5 stars for me.

People take these movies for granted and forget how amazing these movies are in this day and age. Criticize every little thing.

Every see Louis CK stand up about "Cell phones and flying" and how we take this stuff for granted and how amazing stuff is today? If not I highly recommend you watch it cause it's true.

But you see I like all these types of movies, cause it brings my childhood to life.

I didn't have this type of stuff when I was growing up, and being a kid now is the best time for them. They are so amazed by this it blows their little minds.

I love all the action figure/comic movies.

A++++++++

Painfully long movie..... the sad part is it had potential for more background and character development; they almost tease you with it, but it appears all those parts were edited out for additional action scenes.

I was really looking forward to the film and saw it last night at an early showing...

There were some good action scenes and moments where the 3D effects looked really cool but the movie was way too long, and for no good reason. Nothing about the film ever pulls you in or makes you care about anything that is going on.

I grew up with Transformers and the Michael Bay films are typical popcorn fluff, I think Pacific Rim was a bit more enjoyable but even thats a stretch.

Why isn't the animated movie available on iTunes? sucks.

Why isn't the animated movie available on iTunes? sucks.

Netflix

I expect all the usual suspects who are looking for some cross between Shakespeare and Transformers to pan the movie for being stupid fun to rear their "I'm too good for these type of movies" opinions over and over and over. =)
Someone just pm'd me a link to this thread. :D

What new movie are we talking about? "Chaplin of the Mountains"? "One Candle, Two Candles"?

Ohhhhhhh, Transformers. :P

Havent seen the movie. Went with my dad to go see X-Men DOFP last night. We got there at about 8:30 for our showing. There was a family of 6 looking to buy tickets to go see Transformers. They were told that the next two showings were sold out. Doesn't surprise me that it made 100 million. Will be interested to see how high it can go, since it isn't facing any real competition next week (the closest will be the Melissa McCarthy movie "Tammy")

I expect all the usual suspects who are looking for some cross between Shakespeare and Transformers to pan the movie for being stupid fun to rear their "I'm too good for these type of movies" opinions over and over and over. =)

Go ahead and get the copy/paste button ready for TMNT as well lol.

I'd settle for less than a Shakespeare/best of the cartoon cross, but definitely want more than the current level of See Spot Run/worst of the cartoon. Transformers: The Movie is about 1000 times better than the a-Bay-minations.

Did anyone else notice how much of the C2E2 venue was used in the film? When the Autobots storm Stanley Tuccis building that's the front entrance to the convention center. They then proceed to jump up the stairs you take to get to the main floors.

Also, where Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammer are walking on the pedway, that's between the convention center and the parking garage.

What's funny is that one of the fight scenes when they are over in China is actually the grassy area where the taxi cabs pull up in front of the convention center.

Those parts were really fun for me.

Go ahead and get the copy/paste button ready for TMNT as well lol.

The only real problem I have with it is that studios only like to fund so many movies a year. Especially big budget movie. A bad big budget movie comes at the expense of a good big budget movie, and these days it's very difficult to get a large budget drama funded at all. So "just don't watch it" is fine, until nothing but this is available to watch.

I posted this in the 'Big Monsters' thread.

I73TWZA.png

z2JCxld.png

As an opening, that is just incredible that this movie has already exceeded its production budget. And I realize half of the domestic take will go to the theaters. But if this trend continues, it will easily reach a profit level and then some.

I posted this in the 'Big Monsters' thread.

As an opening, that is just incredible that this movie has already exceeded its production budget. And I realize half of the domestic take will go to the theaters. But if this trend continues, it will easily reach a profit level and then some.

Many outlets are reporting that Paramount fudged the numbers and that the movie really took in $97 million. Supposedly this is a big thing. In reality it doesn't change the fact that I still don't know what I want for dinner.