• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many lawyers do we have here?

Are you a lawyer?  

396 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a lawyer?

158 posts in this topic

Just curious.. am I the only NON lawyer here?.. or are there a few other forum members also here who are not well versed in legalese?

poke2.gif

Of course this is just in jest.. but really...am I all alone in a room full of sharks?

Ze-

I have to admit I've been surprised by how many lawyers there are on these boards. I would've guessed the vast majority would be, uh, professionals in the IT field.

That be me. An IT pro 20 or more years. Used to be fun. Now it is a "quality of life detractor".

A word of advice. Do NOT get intp networks and system administration unless you love being tied to a cell phone/pager and being woken up at 3AM to go into work to rememdy a newtork problem before the maintenance window closes.

Overall the most fun I had in IT was being an engineer for Lotus Development working on 1-2-3 for DOS. Great fun. Friday beer/movie parfites (I supplied the movies - tapes them from laserdisc along witgh suitable drive-in movie intermissions, cartoons and "selected short subjects."

I don;t know. I now manage a large corporate network but the level of personal satisfaction I got putting my stamp on a piece of major software kicks bottoms! I only wish Lotus has approved my suggestion for an "Easter Egg" where, with a certain combination of keystorkes, the names of all the folk involved in 1-2-3 would be revealed.

But I have to get out of this network thing! insane.gif

How many Lawyers does it take to change a ligthtbulb?

Close...

Fifty four. Eight to argue, one to get a continuance, one to object, one to demur, two to research precedents, one to dictate a letter, one to stipulate, five to turn in their time cards, one to depose, oneto write interrogatories, two to settle, one to order a secretary to change the bulb, and twenty-eight to bill for professional services.

There may just be enough of them on the boards to do it. grin.gif

Incidentally, here are the lawyers I know of on the boards:

Foolkiller

Fantasyfootballbono

Clobberintime

tth (not practicing currently it sounds like)

Mr. Woogieman

Anyone I've missed?

seank. I'm a lawyer, but all my school loans are paid off.

think the dream of many lawyers is not to practice anymore.

Isn't that the dream of most occupations. Lawyers just have a better chance of obtaining that goal. How many other professions make $30 to talk to you on the phone for six minutes, and half isn't even work related.

Not a lawyer but work on Wall St. Is that considered just as bad?

Depends on what you do.

If your a "dirty water dog" vendor, that cool.

If your an Analysis for a big brokerage house, that's another story.