• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disputing a transaction

14 posts in this topic

I ordered a comic item off of ebay from overseas on Dec 8, and paid with paypal. It hasn't arrived yet, and the ebay 30 day deadline is coming up. I'm pretty sure it's just held up from holiday traffic, but I obviously don't want to lose the money. I've never used the paypal dispute function, but that one is 45 days. Does anybody know if I'm still good using the paypal dispute route?

Thanks for any info. (thumbs u

I ordered a comic item off of ebay from overseas on Dec 8, and paid with paypal. It hasn't arrived yet, and the ebay 30 day deadline is coming up. I'm pretty sure it's just held up from holiday traffic, but I obviously don't want to lose the money. I've never used the paypal dispute function, but that one is 45 days. Does anybody know if I'm still good using the paypal dispute route?

You're still good through Paypal. Plus Paypal just extended their protection to 6 months instead of 45 days.

:o

The buyer didn't provide you with a tracking number or anything? That should be standard practice for overseas shipping.

I recieved a tracking #, but it's still just showing origin info and nothing else. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller with any other info they might have.

You're still good through Paypal. Plus Paypal just extended their protection to 6 months instead of 45 days.

:o

Is it seriously six months now!? :o

"I recieved a tracking #, but it's still just showing origin info and nothing else"

It's strange but I have had the same deal a few times. I get a tracking number and check for progress and I get origin info only. Next think you know it's arrived and the same info is displayed at tracking.

Most of my stuff is via USPS into Canada since I buy mainly in the U.S. I have had European mail arrive the same way with just origin info available. So it's possible it is still coming and will arrive despite the length of time on route. Though I must say eBay mail from Europe in particular is fast getting to me in Canada.

Cheers, Howard

Have you contacted the seller yet? If so any response? If your pushing 30 days, that seems like a long time. I have been through disputes with both ebay and paypal. Both are pretty seamless. They are going to ask you get in contact with the customer first and then follow their specific steps. Make sure you have your timeline and dates in order. Best of luck to you going forward.

Depending on where to and from, Dec 8 isn't too bad at this time of year. I usually wait about three weeks at the best of times for mail from the U.S. and Christmas/NY isn't the the best of times. I'd wait a week or so yet. 2c

Depending on where to and from, Dec 8 isn't too bad at this time of year. I usually wait about three weeks at the best of times for mail from the U.S. and Christmas/NY isn't the the best of times. I'd wait a lweek or so yet. 2c

I ordered a textbook from Thailand a couple weeks before Christmas, and it was delivered in 6 days.

If its from the UK and you have a 'Tracking Number' but it shows no tracking info I think they have just given you proof of postage number which is similar in format but not tracked. 4 weeks should be plenty of time. My worst case this year was three weeks when I shipped something on the 1st Dec. it's usually 7 to 10 days.

The item is coming from South America, and I've had stuff in the past take extra long coming from there. The seller got back to me, and the translated message said he'd check at the mail center to see if he could get any more info.

I've had those international tracking numbers not give any updates in the past, and then the item just shoes up. I'll give it another week or two.

Thanks for the responses (thumbs u