• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seriously CLink, settle down.

46 posts in this topic

They are pimping the "JAMIE GRAHAM/GRAHAM CRACKERS COMICS COLLECTION" thing just a bit to much...

All caps? For a dealer/non-original collection?

I thought the fact that they pushed the "JAMIE GRAHAM CRACKER" angle so hard in their auction it actually took focus away from some books pedigree status and probably depressed some prices.

They listed multiple paragraphs about how awesome the JAMIE GRAHAM CRACKER COLLECTION was and included ZERO info about the ACTUAL PEDIGREE.

Im sure it's all part of their exclusive auction rights to the JAMIE GRAHAM/GRAHAM CRACKERS COMICS COLLECTION that they are supposed to pimp the JAMIE GRAHAM/GRAHAM CRACKERS COMICS COLLECTION like it was Nick Cage (Jamie or Nick, better actor? You decide)

but at the end of the day does anyone CARE that the book is from the JAMIE GRAHAM/GRAHAM CRACKERS COMICS COLLECTION? CGC doesn't (thank goodness)

ok rant over...

wait one more time

JAMIE GRAHAM/GRAHAM CRACKERS COMICS COLLECTION

[and yes I'm using all caps because CLink thought it was important enough to do in ALL CAPS]

This item comes from the personal collection of Jamie Graham, founder and owner of Graham Crackers Comics, one of the nation's largest comic book retailers. Assembled over decades, the collection includes examples from many of the most significant and desirable runs of the Golden Age, as well as select material from the Silver Age and beyond. Graham acquired examples not just for their individual quality, but also as a completist, building impressive runs of major superhero titles like Action Comics, Detective Comics, and Marvel Mystery Comics. Another collecting focus was on stand-out covers and esoteric genre titles from the 1940s and 50s. ComicLink is thrilled to have been selected as the auction house of Jamie Graham's collection, and items from the collection will be offered throughout this and other upcoming auctions.

note this is the description for an Okajima pedigree...

know what I dont see mentioned? the pedigree, much less the far more interesting and compelling story of the pedigree...

I prefer NOT to give my business to Graham Cracker Comics. Chicago Comics just down the street has more selection and the people who work there are more friendly. I once was looking at buying a Cap 1 from Jamie and asked one of his manager's ( Shane at the lakeview store) about it------his response: I don't know , he's at a convention--he'll probably sell it there. what a . I did end up buying a Cap 1 finally but I guess jaimie didn't need my $

I can't forgive Graham Crackers for their role in the VALIANT/VEI/VIP fiasco a few years back.

"Sneak Peak" my butt...

???

VIP tried to (unsuccessfully) get the VALIANT properties in a very dirty way, when VEI already had their line on them. One of those ways was by producing a "Sneak Peak" (yes, misspelled just like that), a pamphlet containing drawings of characters with the names of the VALIANT characters but looking nothing like them, in an attempt to show they had the intellectual properties first by getting this out before VEI had anything published.

Graham Crackers was, at the very least, part of getting these "Sneak Peaks" printed up and distributed. That's all I am willing to say here.

Here's a (large) pic of the offending pamphlet:

sneakpeak.jpg

Sorry for de-railing the thread thus far.

:sorry:

-slym

I can't forgive Graham Crackers for their role in the VALIANT/VEI/VIP fiasco a few years back.

"Sneak Peak" my butt...

???

VIP tried to (unsuccessfully) get the VALIANT properties in a very dirty way, when VEI already had their line on them. One of those ways was by producing a "Sneak Peak" (yes, misspelled just like that), a pamphlet containing drawings of characters with the names of the VALIANT characters but looking nothing like them, in an attempt to show they had the intellectual properties first by getting this out before VEI had anything published.

Graham Crackers was, at the very least, part of getting these "Sneak Peaks" printed up and distributed. That's all I am willing to say here.

sneakpeak.jpg

-slym

Those covers look better than most of the ones on the current Valiant books. lol

"Sneak Peak" my butt...

???

sneakpeak.jpg

Those covers look better than most of the ones on the current Valiant books. lol

not-sure-if-fry-685x325.jpg

-slym

I prefer NOT to give my business to Graham Cracker Comics. Chicago Comics just down the street has more selection and the people who work there are more friendly. I once was looking at buying a Cap 1 from Jamie and asked one of his manager's ( Shane at the lakeview store) about it------his response: I don't know , he's at a convention--he'll probably sell it there. what a . I did end up buying a Cap 1 finally but I guess jaimie didn't need my $

Sounds like the issue is with Shane, not Jamie.