• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seriously CLink, settle down.

46 posts in this topic

I prefer NOT to give my business to Graham Cracker Comics. Chicago Comics just down the street has more selection and the people who work there are more friendly. I once was looking at buying a Cap 1 from Jamie and asked one of his manager's ( Shane at the lakeview store) about it------his response: I don't know , he's at a convention--he'll probably sell it there. what a . I did end up buying a Cap 1 finally but I guess jaimie didn't need my $

I am assuming you saw the Cap 1 online and inquired about it at the Lakeview store. Correct ?

In fairness to Shane(I don't know him), if Jaimie was at a convention with the book, what did you expect Shane to do ? I think it's very common for dealers to have books with them at conventions that are also online.

Heh. This is norm for CL. Any large collection they come by, they'll slap a faux-pedigree name onto it to pimp it out. I've got a few books from their "Brad Square" collection from last year. Brad Square was just a local collector to sold off his entire stash to a book dealer a few blocks away from me and that dealer in turn sold the choice books through CL. Obviously, the drek of the collection gets no mention.

Just wait. One day you will see the "Brian48 collection" go up for auction with the pomp and circumstance. lol

Heh. This is norm for CL. Any large collection they come by, they'll slap a faux-pedigree name onto it to pimp it out. I've got a few books from their "Brad Square" collection from last year. Brad Square was just a local collector to sold off his entire stash to a book dealer a few blocks away from me and that dealer in turn sold the choice books through CL. Obviously, the drek of the collection gets no mention.

Just wait. One day you will see the "Brian48 collection" go up for auction with the pomp and circumstance. lol

Well, that's not exactly true nor how it was billed.

"The Brad Squared Collection is an original owner estate find of thousands of Silver and Bronze Age comics acquired by Brad Kinne and Brad Seidel of Seek Books, a local Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and comic book shop in West Roxbury, Massachusetts. Composed of a wide array of titles, publishers, and genres, it is notable for not only containing high grade examples from most of the major Marvel and DC superhero series, but also many of the television, movie, and funny animal titles that made up such a large part of the comic book industry in the middle 1950s and beyond. Regardless of the assigned grade, these examples retain a notably fresh and bright appearance and across the board virtually all of the examples that have been certified thus far have been assigned CGC's White or Off-White to White page quality designation. Each comic from this collection sold by ComicLink will be accompanied by a certificate."

It was a nice collection that didn’t meet the criteria for a pedigree, but I don’t think in this instance Clink was outrageously hyping the books or making them out to be something that they weren’t.

You've obviously never encountered balut.

-slym

I just google searched it.

" A balut is a developing duck embryo that is boiled and eaten in the shell. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines. They are common food in countries in Southeast Asia, such as Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam"

The pics are even grosser.

I don't know, I still think a bowl of soggy golden grahams would be worse.

I have seen several well known dealers pimp comics this way from certain collections, even when they don't qualify for the status. It takes away from the actual pedigree's and speaking of pedigree's, at the rate they are being "recognized" they will soon be a dime a dozen. its very good for business for those dealers/certifiers to "label" them, too much temptation and its showing

" A balut is a developing duck embryo that is boiled and eaten in the shell. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines. They are common food in countries in Southeast Asia, such as Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam"

Remind me to never have you over for breakfast.

:)

-slym

-slym

My cousin's forced me to eat balut and Soup Number Five (bull testes/) when I visited the Philippines this past summer :insane: You can buy balut at your local oriental mart. Would have soggy golden grahams any day of the week over that.

on the subject of pedigree, what are the key factors that make them earn pedigree status? Seems like the key elements would be size, age, consistent condition, original owner purchases from newstand, rarity of the books in said condition, and perhaps smell. Other than those, I don't know how certain collections get branded out as pedigree. I would assume there are at least hundreds of more collections that might meet the criteria at some point.

-slym

A developing duck embryo. Yum. :screwy:

-slym

I've tried it. It is yummy.

You have to watch out for the beak.

:eek:

-slym

I've tried it. It is yummy.

This does not surprise me.

:D

-slym