• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for High Grade Action and Superman #1-10

52 posts in this topic

Best of luck finding those books and hope to meet you someday. thumbsup2.gif

-Chris

translation : please be my buddy so I can slobber all over your books poke2.gif

Klootzak!!! sumo.gif

translation: 893censored-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

(I am in the Washington, D.C. area. I don't mind traveling)

Welcome to the Boards! thumbsup2.gif

Those are some amazing books you have, Mark. The Showcase #4 is a stunner. Congrats! I hope you plan on holding onto that book for awhile.

Above, you note that you're in DC/Metro area. There are quite a few of us that post here that live in the vicinity. We should try and meet up sometime at one of the local shows (Tysons Corner or the new one in the city). There is one on Sunday, January 30 @ the Metro Center Marriot that some of us will be attending and then go out for some lunch & drinks if you are interested. One of the regular posters on these forums (FlyingDonut) knows just about every dealer in the country, it seems. He could probably help you locate some of the books you are looking for.

Additionally, I would recommend getting in touch w/ Mark Nathan of Cards, Comics, & Collectibles in Reisterstown, MD (the best comic shop in Maryland). He also runs the Baltimore ComiCon, so he has tons of contacts as well.

-Chris

Chris, I would be happy to meet up with the DC crowd at one of the shows. Unfortunately, I am away next weekend so can't attend the show on the 30th. However, one of the upcoming Tysons shows will be fine. I don't have the schedule handy but I presume there will be one in Feb or March.

I know Marc of CCC well. Great guy. In fact, if you went to the Balt ComicCon this past Sept and saw his table, many of the high-grade CGC books he had on display were mine.

Those of you who are in the DC metro area why don't you e-mail me at EsquireComics@aol.com so I have contact info to coordinate a future meeting.

Mark

P.S. Hope everyone is enjoying the snow! tonofbricks.gif

Chris, I would be happy to meet up with the DC crowd at one of the shows. Unfortunately, I am away next weekend so can't attend the show on the 30th. However, one of the upcoming Tysons shows will be fine. I don't have the schedule handy but I presume there will be one in Feb or March.

I know Marc of CCC well. Great guy. In fact, if you went to the Balt ComicCon this past Sept and saw his table, many of the high-grade CGC books he had on display were mine.

Those of you who are in the DC metro area why don't you e-mail me at EsquireComics@aol.com so I have contact info to coordinate a future meeting.

Mark

I'm pretty sure the next Tyson's show is February 6. I'll be out of town that weekend, but I'm sure the other guys will go. This will be the first show at the new location ( a fire house of all places crazy.gif). I guess it's too expensive to rent the ballroom at the hotel.

I'm sending you a PM (private message) with my contact info. At the top of the page, you'll see a flashing envelope. Just click on that and it will take you to your messages. I prefer PM's to email for chatting with other members. Much more convenient. thumbsup2.gif

(I am in the Washington, D.C. area. I don't mind traveling)

Welcome to the Boards! thumbsup2.gif

Those are some amazing books you have, Mark. The Showcase #4 is a stunner. Congrats! I hope you plan on holding onto that book for awhile.

Above, you note that you're in DC/Metro area. There are quite a few of us that post here that live in the vicinity. We should try and meet up sometime at one of the local shows (Tysons Corner or the new one in the city). There is one on Sunday, January 30 @ the Metro Center Marriot that some of us will be attending and then go out for some lunch & drinks if you are interested. One of the regular posters on these forums (FlyingDonut) knows just about every dealer in the country, it seems. He could probably help you locate some of the books you are looking for.

Additionally, I would recommend getting in touch w/ Mark Nathan of Cards, Comics, & Collectibles in Reisterstown, MD (the best comic shop in Maryland). He also runs the Baltimore ComiCon, so he has tons of contacts as well.

-Chris

Mark

Mark had VERY NICE BOOKS. They're behind us in this picture:

donutbest.jpg