• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 12 (BIG SPOILER)

58 posts in this topic

After reading this issue and seeing that he's just an alternate universe uncle Ben, I really don't care. I don't think its that far of a reach to say in some other universe he's alive and possibly has spider powers. But it also makes this "cliffhanger" lacking. It could turn out interesting but I don't think this is that big of a deal.

Looks like drew him and then took out the walker. Either that, or he's droppin a load in his pants right there in the last panel.

I do like how he's wearing ortho shoes, though. lol

This Slott guy is terrible. I'd rather have Todd McFarlane write the book at this point...

I will give it to Slott for one thing. His whole Superior Spider-man arc and everything leading up to it cleaned things up a lot better after the Quesada mess.

With Slott:

1 - Mary Jane has a real reason not to want Peter in her life and to stay away from Spider-man.

2 - The public fears and/or hates Spider-man again

3 - Spider-man is a wanted man by the police.

Slott essentially did what Quesada could not do cleanly and returned the character to an unappreciated loner hero with a very muddled personal life.

With Quesada? Reboot to 1985. Why? It's magic.

Slott gave reason for these things to happen. With Quesada, Peter literally wakes up to a new life. In fact... I will say that if Slott had been around during OMD, that the Quesada mess would not have happened that way and that Slott would have allowed them to be married until issue 700 when Doc Ock takes over, Mary Jane walks out on her erratically behaving husband to get space or separated and then divorces Peter permanently after realizing what was going on after Peter reclaims his life.

I think the public would have accepted all of that instead of OMD.

Just my 2¢

This Slott guy is terrible. I'd rather have Todd McFarlane write the book at this point...

I will give it to Slott for one thing. His whole Superior Spider-man arc and everything leading up to it cleaned things up a lot better after the Quesada mess.

With Slott:

1 - Mary Jane has a real reason not to want Peter in her life and to stay away from Spider-man.

2 - The public fears and/or hates Spider-man again

3 - Spider-man is a wanted man by the police.

Slott essentially did what Quesada could not do cleanly and returned the character to an unappreciated loner hero with a very muddled personal life.

With Quesada? Reboot to 1985. Why? It's magic.

Slott gave reason for these things to happen. With Quesada, Peter literally wakes up to a new life. In fact... I will say that if Slott had been around during OMD, that the Quesada mess would not have happened that way and that Slott would have allowed them to be married until issue 700 when Doc Ock takes over, Mary Jane walks out on her erratically behaving husband to get space or separated and then divorces Peter permanently after realizing what was going on after Peter reclaims his life.

I think the public would have accepted all of that instead of OMD.

Just my 2¢

Could you imagine the outcry if Marvel had divorced it's biggest character though? Religious groups would have been all over it.