• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 12 (BIG SPOILER)

58 posts in this topic

They need to reboot the whole thing from scratch.

Not scratch.

Just have Reed Richards discover that they never really returned to Earth after Secret Wars. They were placed in some form of cosmic suspended animation...complete with some kinda matrix-like existence. Reed then hunts down Dr. Doom & together they find the portal home :acclaim:

Reboots ASM to issue 251....and takes the true belivers back to 1984 :cloud9:

Not scratch.

Just have Reed Richards discover that they never really returned to Earth after Secret Wars. They were placed in some form of cosmic suspended animation...complete with some kinda matrix-like existence. Reed then hunts down Dr. Doom & together they find the portal home :acclaim:

Doesn't it seem fishy to anyone that "The Beyonder" is the one posting this suggestion?

Peace,

Chip

Not scratch.

Doesn't it seem fishy to anyone that "The Beyonder" is the one posting this suggestion?

Peace,

Chip

Secret Wars II all over again :facepalm:

Not scratch.

^^

If we think about it. How many great Marvel stories have there been since 1985 compared to 1961 to 1984?

It seems most post-1984 stories are all what if rehashes. Of course there is an occasional gem, but most of the Marvel core characters seem to be worst off now in 2015,then they were in 1984.

Not scratch.

:applause:

Actually I have enjoyed the modern day cohesive events like Civil War, Age of Ultron, X-Men vs Avengers and other storylines.

AOU and AVX.... :sick:

I wanted to see big fights and some drama. I got some big fights and drama. BTW... this scene was impressive...

I would LOVE to track down that Cap standing in front of Hulk splash.

b241b540551600bbb0d0fd2b76a1a712.jpg20ccdc8139faf0e46c066a12107f1bdc.jpg

In fact... I will say that if Slott had been around during OMD, that the Quesada mess would not have happened that way and that Slott would have allowed them to be married until issue 700 when Doc Ock takes over, Mary Jane walks out on her erratically behaving husband to get space or separated and then divorces Peter permanently after realizing what was going on after Peter reclaims his life.

This would have been SUCH a good read!!

Instead of "naw, let's reboot this mess - if Sony can do it, why can't I?"

b241b540551600bbb0d0fd2b76a1a712.jpg20ccdc8139faf0e46c066a12107f1bdc.jpg

I don't keep up with moderns so I'm not sure, but how tall is the Hulk now, about 15 feet?

Cap has shrunk as he got older.

Hulk is on a ledge higher up?

Notice neat Caps feet is some empty Space between two chasm's

This Slott guy is terrible. I'd rather have Todd McFarlane write the book at this point...

I will give it to Slott for one thing. His whole Superior Spider-man arc and everything leading up to it cleaned things up a lot better after the Quesada mess.

With Slott:

1 - Mary Jane has a real reason not to want Peter in her life and to stay away from Spider-man.

2 - The public fears and/or hates Spider-man again

3 - Spider-man is a wanted man by the police.

Slott essentially did what Quesada could not do cleanly and returned the character to an unappreciated loner hero with a very muddled personal life.

With Quesada? Reboot to 1985. Why? It's magic.

Slott gave reason for these things to happen. With Quesada, Peter literally wakes up to a new life. In fact... I will say that if Slott had been around during OMD, that the Quesada mess would not have happened that way and that Slott would have allowed them to be married until issue 700 when Doc Ock takes over, Mary Jane walks out on her erratically behaving husband to get space or separated and then divorces Peter permanently after realizing what was going on after Peter reclaims his life.

I think the public would have accepted all of that instead of OMD.

Just my 2¢

Could you imagine the outcry if Marvel had divorced it's biggest character though? Religious groups would have been all over it.

But the religious groups are okay with the same hero making a deal with the Devil instead?

Religious groups wouldn't have cared. Maybe Fox News would have tried to turn it into some big deal. But that is about it.

This Slott guy is terrible. I'd rather have Todd McFarlane write the book at this point...

I will give it to Slott for one thing. His whole Superior Spider-man arc and everything leading up to it cleaned things up a lot better after the Quesada mess.

With Slott:

1 - Mary Jane has a real reason not to want Peter in her life and to stay away from Spider-man.

Slott essentially did what Quesada could not do cleanly and returned the character to an unappreciated loner hero with a very muddled personal life.

Slott gave reason for these things to happen. With Quesada, Peter literally wakes up to a new life. In fact... I will say that if Slott had been around during OMD, that the Quesada mess would not have happened that way and that Slott would have allowed them to be married until issue 700 when Doc Ock takes over, Mary Jane walks out on her erratically behaving husband to get space or separated and then divorces Peter permanently after realizing what was going on after Peter reclaims his life.

Just my 2¢

Could you imagine the outcry if Marvel had divorced it's biggest character though? Religious groups would have been all over it.

But the religious groups are okay with the same hero making a deal with the Devil instead?

Religious groups wouldn't have cared. Maybe Fox News would have tried to turn it into some big deal. But that is about it.

Fox News ratings are way down, while CNN`s are even way worse. People are tuning out mass media. ;)

With Slott:

Just my 2¢

Fox News ratings are way down, while CNN`s are even way worse. People are tuning out mass media. ;)

I think people are smarter that the media give them credit for.

People dont want thew news to explain to them why they should be angry or sad or happy at what is happening.

They just want to know what is happening.