• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant-man Ant Man ANT-MAN

16 posts in this topic

I'm soooooo not an Ant-man guy.....

Pass.....

Can't stand Pym.

I really enjoyed the Robert Kirkman Ant-Man series.

I friggin loved that short series.

What dude wouldn't use his small powers to look in the shower?

Patrick

is this one about Pym?

It is Scott Lang.

Yes, and Scott Lang is far more interesting and cooler character.

People who were banking on Pym are going to be surprised. I would focus on Scott Lang appearances, similar to how the new Guardians of the Galaxy are far different then the team that debut in Marvel Super Heroes #18.

The plot echoes MP 47. Scott Lang "becomes the new Ant-Man" in the film after Hank Pym is evidently driven psychotic from over exposure to his Particles.

None of this diminishes the superior "keyness" of TTA 27, which is obviously the granddaddy as the first appearance of the guy who started it all. What it does do is open the door for other, historically less important and much less expensive books to become speculated on (as what happened with GOTG related books). I'm just glad Hank is getting some decent screen time, and is being played by a great actor. (thumbs u

-J.

None of this diminishes the superior "keyness" of TTA 27, which is obviously the granddaddy as the first appearance of the guy who started it all. What it does do is open the door for other, historically less important and much less expensive books to become speculated on

I dont think anyone disputes its "keyness", I read the previous comments as referring to the speculative bump TTA has seen as fading much more significantly and quickly than it might otherwise have, were Pym central.

But the plotline of the movie and their respective significance has been known for the better part of 6 months, more than enough time for people playing the spec game to have adjusted. MP 47/48 had their big bumps in the summer and I am sure they will have more bumps during the lead in to the movie and its launch.

Lang being the MCU Ant-man of significance, makes the MP books historically significant now(or rather much much more so), though obviously not in the same class as TTA, the respective % gain in terms of both significance and value, will be orders of magnitude bigger on MP compared to where they started.