• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2015 Heritage Auction

31 posts in this topic

I think you are lost. You shoulda made a left turn in Albuquerque!

If you`re trying to express disapproval of a boardie pumping his books outside the sale forum, perhaps there are better ways besides quoting (and thereby reproducing) his entire, lengthy sales pitch?

well, I don't recall asking for your opinion but I will consider it in the future.

The correct response would`ve been "You`re absolutely correct, let me edit my post to delete the quote of the offending post". :gossip:

IMHO Spamming a discussion thread of Heritage Auctions with consignments to a competing auction house was tasteless and tacky just like the art he listed. If it was an accident, he could easily delete or edit his post. :sick:

IMHO the art on Heritage is far superior and collectors should focus their attention and bids on the quality items there.

BTW - use the "new reply" button to post and you avoid repeating and quoting all the mindless drivel that people, (including me), post the first time.

Now back to discussing OA .....

Cheers!

N.

IMHO the art on Heritage is far superior and collectors should focus their attention and bids on the quality items there.

I dunno about that Nelson. At least for the upcoming auction cycle, I see a handful of items i'll be pursuing on Clink, but none on HA.

Then again, your mileage may vary based on collecting interest and budget. I tend to sway back and forth between the two, depending on what's offered.

I dunno about that Nelson. At least for the upcoming auction cycle, I see a handful of items i'll be pursuing on Clink, but none on HA.

Then again, your mileage may vary based on collecting interest and budget. I tend to sway back and forth between the two, depending on what's offered.

I agree. From my mid-four-figure buyer's perspective, they are fairly equivalent at this point. I am equally likely to find something just right at either venue at any given time.

The Captain America 186 page with inks by Everett over Colan is just gorgeous. I love the first and last panels especially. I am a huge Dr Strange fan but Gene Colan is only now growing on me. I can really respond to some pieces and this is one. I like Adkins on Colan, and just got a nice page with Ernie Chan inking him. But here Everett keep the spirit of Colan's shadowy values and yet has such a fine beautiful line over them.

I got to get a nice Everett. I just we all knew when this stash is going to end and what it contains rather than going auction by auction, but this is a wonderful problem to have. I will certainly bid on the Marvel Premiere pages, whether I can stand toe-to-toe is another matter. This page is one that may hit me too. I can't wait for them to post the actual auction session times,I intend on going to the live session and need to know what is what. NOW! ;-)