• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If pigs had wings, could they fly?

88 posts in this topic

Anyone else get tired of hitting a sales thread and seeing non buyers post "If.....I would buy "

Or is it just me (shrug)

I would say I find it tiresome along with all the other 'bump the thread' comments but I just ignore and move on.

This place sure has become more like a flea market than any other time in the past. Ah well.

How do you think Roy manages to have a sales thread for 2 books last 9 weeks ? lol

Which thread?

:bump:

pretty much all of them that don't produce quick sales. the "oohs and aahs" and "I wish" and "if only" and all the rest that keep them going for weeks on end ... in line with the discussion of this thread.

Anyone else get tired of hitting a sales thread and seeing non buyers post "If.....I would buy "

Or is it just me (shrug)

I would say I find it tiresome along with all the other 'bump the thread' comments but I just ignore and move on.

This place sure has become more like a flea market than any other time in the past. Ah well.

I like flea markets. :sumo:

Or is it just me (shrug)

Curious statement as your sales threads are king in longevity.

And you don't add to it with the 10,15,20, ... etc% price drops bumps? Sure, ok.

Or is it just me (shrug)

And you don't add to it with the 10,15,20, ... etc% price drops bumps? Sure, ok.

You've crapped in two of my sales threads over the past year and are now talking smack in Comics General about them. Do price drops annoy you so much?

I had an old sales thread bumped with an :takeit: by Cheetah because the book he wanted happened to still be available. Is that what annoyed you?

Or is it just me (shrug)

You've crapped in two of my sales threads over the past year and are now talking smack in Comics General about them. Do price drops annoy you so much?

I had an old sales thread bumped with an :takeit: by Cheetah because the book he wanted happened to still be available. Is that what annoyed you?

Not at all. I don't care for any of your books nor do I intend to buy from you. It is however annoying to see your threads take up top spot on the front page for weeks even when it is clear the listed books will not sell despite repeated attempts at veiled bumps. I find it unfair to others listing their stuff.

But carry on ... others don't seem to mind.

Or is it just me (shrug)

Not at all. I don't care for any of your books nor do I intend to ever buy from you. It is however annoying to see your threads take up front page even when it is clear the listed books will not sell despite repeated attempts at veiled bumps.

Peter, you obviously have a deeper issue with me than just being annoyed by price drops in a selling thread. You just took the opportunity to reply to take more pot shots at me. Why? I have no idea. Maybe I ticked you off a few months ago when I suggested you consolidate your WTB threads when you had several going at once?

I understand - I'm not eveyone's flavor. I genuinely have no idea what your problem is with me but if you want to talk, I'm happy to try to talk it out via PM. If you'd rather not then why not just put me on ignore?

Or is it just me (shrug)

I also think people just bookmark a thread