• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If pigs had wings, could they fly?

88 posts in this topic

Do you mean the comments like, "If I wasn't broke, I would totally buy this" or "That's awesome but right now I can't afford it"

I always assumed it was a mixture of some just letting people know it is an awesome book/price and another group (hopefully a very small group), hoping they will get a pm or something saying, hey I will let you have it 50% off since you are broke!

I've had people post what a great price I was offering and encouraged someone to take them. I thought that was pretty cool. Since I am new, I took it as a positive and the books sold.

There was once a thread that listed all of the random sales thread banter.

"I'd buy it if I already didn't have one"

"I'd buy it if I wasn't broke"

etc

And then people started throwing in absurd/sarcastic reasons. It was pretty funny but I can't find the thread

The post itself doesn't bother me terribly in most cases, but the phrase "I'd be all over this" is starting to wear thin. I can't fully explain why, but it bothers me a little. (shrug)