• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New REAL Comic Book Coin is Coming!

34 posts in this topic

One of my favorite radio spots at the moment is for the Franklin Mint's "Founding Fathers" "coin" collection.

The ad features a kid and his grandpa, and the grandpa describes how he has assembled some "very rare and precious coins over the decades"...then when the kid points to one set, the grandpa replies "Oh, this is VERY special....the Founding Fathers Coins from the Franklin Mint!"

Which, of course, is the polar opposite of rare and precious, and pretty much puts to shame the claim about his other coins.

lol

One of the biggest complaints I've had with the US Mint has been we do not do enough collectable/cool coins. I was in Spain recently and picked this up.

14296_4dc65a6a.jpg

This is a 10 Euro coin partially clad in gold designed to celebrate the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. It's issued by the Spanish Royal Mint and is "real" legal tender

One of my favorite radio spots at the moment is for the Franklin Mint's "Founding Fathers" "coin" collection.

The ad features a kid and his grandpa, and the grandpa describes how he has assembled some "very rare and precious coins over the decades"...then when the kid points to one set, the grandpa replies "Oh, this is VERY special....the Founding Fathers Coins from the Franklin Mint!"

Which, of course, is the polar opposite of rare and precious, and pretty much puts to shame the claim about his other coins.

lol

I think the grandfather writes copy for the shop at home type networks. I love watching their coin shows (used to love their comic book shows as well) and the hype they use. But its sad so many people get sucked in. I can't believe they are still citing the silver prices caused by the Hunt Brothers back in the 70s.