• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR #5 CLUB : THE DOOM SOCIETY
10 10

220 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2022 at 9:19 PM, Venomous72 said:

Lol ok 

I’ll gladly take a large split center of spine for a 3.5 like that haha. Looks like a 6.0+

Hell yeah - that spine split is the only think that makes a book like that even remotely affordable.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:37 PM, Drummy said:

Just made a trade/sale with Kevin76 and brought in this glorious copy -- I cannot say how much I love 3.5's that look 8.0...

Thanks for looking!

Dan

FF 5 3.5 wp.jpg

That is a stunning 3.5!! 

Water stains on the BC? 

On 4/27/2022 at 8:37 PM, Drummy said:

Just made a trade/sale with Kevin76 and brought in this glorious copy -- I cannot say how much I love 3.5's that look 8.0...

Thanks for looking!

Dan

FF 5 3.5 wp.jpg

Such a fascinating trade you guys made.  Congrats to you both!!  I told him when he got that FF5 it’s the nicest comic in grade I’ve ever seen.  Now it’s yours (thumbsu  Well done…both of you :golfclap:

On 7/6/2022 at 1:09 PM, alexgross.com said:

talk about buying the book and not the label-- here are two ff5s, both with white pages, both coming up on CL. one is in this month's auction, the other in next month's. one looks like a 2.5 and the other like a 7.5. 

CB6E91A9-A55A-4291-99B4-C9A35140138A.jpeg

F17300CB-A242-4209-A876-EFF04F6D5F9D.jpeg

Yeah, the 2nd one is Drummy's copy that I traded him towards his Hulk 1, I posted that copy here when I got it.  At the end of the day, people are still going to bid on it as a 3.5 

Edited by Kevin76

Thanks for the good words!  It is a beauty if you buy books based on eye appeal rather than solely on numbers.  To Kevin's point, its range is limited by the 3.5, but I'm the kind of person who will ratchet up bids to the next level or two (4.0 or 4.5) when I see books like this. (:

We'll see!

Dan

On 7/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, Drummy said:

I'm the kind of person who will ratchet up bids to the next level or two (4.0 or 4.5) when I see books like this. (:

i am too. i hope i still have some money left next month, as i'd love to own this copy! can't believe i thought vacation travel would be more important than comic books this summer.