• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first OS guide

106 posts in this topic

I *did* drop a few hints in other threads, from some sly intimations about the way the final pricing column would function in this edition to something like this:

??? Age

Victorian Age

Platinum Age

But that's about it, no other juicy tidbits right now.

Arnold

I *did* drop a few hints in other threads, from some sly intimations about the way the final pricing column would function in this edition to something like this:

??? Age

Victorian Age

Platinum Age

Arnold

It's like dangling a piece of candy infront of a child and then pulling it away at the last second. 893naughty-thumb.gif

??? Age

Victorian Age

Platinum Age

Arnold

Biblical Age? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

??? Age

Victorian Age

Platinum Age

Arnold

Biblical Age? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mesozoic Age? (248 million years ago?)

I just got an OS 2004 guide. It's my first. Wish me luck and I hope I really do learn some things from it.

The Guide is the most essential tool of the collector. Other than the San Diego Con, its release is probably the single biggest annual comic "event".

You will learn much, young Skywalker. smile.gif

And, as Dice said, the ads are "opportunities". I found out about Bob Storms site in the Guide. And many of my nicest books have come from Bob.

Enjoy it! thumbsup2.gif

sleeping.gif
You can change your avatar and sig now! cloud9.gif

I know, but I like 'em. tongue.gif

Probably change them tomorrow when I go to work. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Because they are doing so well at the moment? They'll get a dose of reality when they play a real team on the road! yay.gif

sleeping.gif
You can change your avatar and sig now! cloud9.gif

I know, but I like 'em. tongue.gif

Probably change them tomorrow when I go to work. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Because they are doing so well at the moment? They'll get a dose of reality when they play a real team on the road! yay.gif

frown.gif Sadly, I have to agree. They haven't played well all year, and the ACC is just way too stacked. Wake and your boys are so strong, and Tech has basically the same team that played in the title game. Duke is Duke. And with Julius Hodge playing in what has to be his 10th season, NC State is pretty good too. tongue.gif

Plus, we lost Strawberry for the season earlier this week. He was our best defender. frown.gif

I flipped through the 2004 guide last night. Honestly, I'm not overly impressed. I didn't really learn anything that I didn't already know from other sources. The section on comic collecting, grading, and preservation, I had read somewhere else. I believe Heritage Comics posts the exact same information on their website. Other than that, the Price Guide was fairly similar to www.comicspriceguide.com. So really, the OS Guide did not help me out any more than web sites already were confused-smiley-013.gif

Plus, too many annoying "opportunities."

The Overstreet is the Official (no pun intended) price Guide. Other sources may list prices for all books too. And some of their numbers may in fact be closer to true market prices. BUT - - the Overstreet is the Greenwich Mean Time price. All other Guides are variations on its theme. You dont have to set your watch to it, but its important enough to refer to IT's price as an historical record going back 35 years now.