• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under/Over-Graded CGC Books

102 posts in this topic

everytime I look at this slab I think ..... W..... T..... F......

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

I've seen this book, with the same complaint, numerous times in multiple threads. What are you trying to accomplish ? Do you think CGC will contact you and say they made a mistake. Buy the notes or move on. Sorry.

Seriously though, this is accurate.

I will volunteer to give you $10 if you agree to buy the grader's note and post them on here.

What is your paypal address? I will send it Paypal personal.

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

I've seen this book, with the same complaint, numerous times in multiple threads. What are you trying to accomplish ? Do you think CGC will contact you and say they made a mistake. Buy the notes or move on. Sorry.

I will volunteer to give you $10 if you agree to buy the grader's note and post them on here.

How about you give me that $10 and we'll call it a day?

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

The notes were only $4 for this book - I'm curious too, so I just bought them ... I'll post when they show up :thumbsup:

I don't get how people can afford to submit but not put an extra $4 down for notes. I mean, I agree they should be included but what does $4 buy you anyways? If you can submit then just do it and then there wouldn't be a reason to whine about what crappy service you got. Youd know exactly why you are whining and people could just have a good laugh

Damn...

:o

...maybe that chip out of the corner is considered a production defect somehow???

-slym

That's what I was thinking, they must have considered it a binder chip and thus a printing defect.

Most of the bindery corner chipping I've seen is 1/8" or less. I always assumed it would keep the book out of 9.6 or higher, probably out of a 9.4 as well.

Now I'm not so sure.

hm

Damn...

...maybe that chip out of the corner is considered a production defect somehow???

-slym

Must be. In any case, bindery or not, that's a scary chip. This book should not be a 9.2 . I suspect it came off or was damaged in the encapsulation process. I have to believe the graders did not see it like this.

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

The notes were only $4 for this book - I'm curious too, so I just bought them ... I'll post when they show up :thumbsup:

Image%202015-01-15%20at%2010.43.32%20AM.png

Let's try another over graded. Got this back hoping for a 6.0 - 6.5. Now I am a typically a pretty tight grader but I thought this might be generous. Thoughts?

(click through to enlargement)

ff48.jpg

What does the back look like?

Damn...

-slym

Must be. In any case, bindery or not, that's a scary chip. This book should not be a 9.2 . I suspect it came off or was damaged in the encapsulation process. I have to believe the graders did not see it like this.

About the Avengers book...

ave_zpsdb0af742.jpg