• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under/Over-Graded CGC Books

102 posts in this topic

Damn...

:o

...maybe that chip out of the corner is considered a production defect somehow???

-slym

Must be. In any case, bindery or not, that's a scary chip. This book should not be a 9.2 . I suspect it came off or was damaged in the encapsulation process. I have to believe the graders did not see it like this.

About the Avengers book...

ave_zpsdb0af742.jpg

So the graders did see it.

Let's try another over graded. Got this back hoping for a 6.0 - 6.5. Now I am a typically a pretty tight grader but I thought this might be generous. Thoughts?

(click through to enlargement)

ff48.jpg

What does the back look like?

I don't have a pic handy. Will take one tonight, but from what I remember it was similar to the front as far as wear goes with no additional defects.

everytime I look at this slab I think ..... W..... T..... F......

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

I've seen this book, with the same complaint, numerous times in multiple threads. What are you trying to accomplish ? Do you think CGC will contact you and say they made a mistake. Buy the notes or move on. Sorry.

Seriously though, this is accurate.

I will volunteer to give you $10 if you agree to buy the grader's note and post them on here.

What is your paypal address? I will send it Paypal personal.

The notes were only $4 for this book - I'm curious too, so I just bought them ... I'll post when they show up :thumbsup:

Image%202015-01-15%20at%2010.43.32%20AM.png

so this is enough to drop it to a 5.0?

<a  href=50_zps7a499067.png' alt='50_zps7a499067.

You can't tell whether a book is undergraded from just a small scan of the front cover and you certainly can't tell whether a book is overgraded all of the time.

You might pick out some of the major defects and say "yeah, that book is overgraded" but scans don't take into account many things include how a book feels, gloss, differences in scanner quality and a zillion other things.

I always wanted a church book. Behind the Okajima pedigree its one of the most interesting stories to me.

This one will stay with me till I die I think. I always thought it must be water damage but I guess now I know better.

@mschmidt thank you for the grader notes, I've always been to cheap to pay for them, that said I can't let you pay for grader notes on my book so message me and i will paypal you some cash.

@lizards2 lol thanks that made me smile and im going to use that joke whenever i show the book :)

@bomber-bob, its my my book and i didnt think I was bothering anyone posting it in such a manor. I thought I was on topic when i posted it. Sorry if I bugged you

if anyone else wants close up pics of the front or back feel free to message me. I can take some tonight when I get home from work

as for me i think I will stay out of general for a while

Griff

Edited by Griff

I always wanted a church book. Behind the Okajima pedigree its one of the most interesting stories to me.

This one will stay with me till I die I think. I always thought it must be water damage but I guess now I know better.

@mschmidt thank you for the grader notes, I've always been to cheap to pay for them, that said I can't let you pay for grader notes on my book so message me and i will paypal you some cash.

@lizards2 lol thanks that made me smile and im going to use that joke whenever i show the book :)

@bomber-bob, its my my book and i didnt think I was bothering anyone posting it in such a manor. I thought I was on topic when i posted it. Sorry if I bugged you

if anyone else wants close up pics of the front or back feel free to message me. I can take some tonight when I get home from work

as for me i think I will stay out of general for a while

Griff

I'm actually really glad you posted your book in here. I've never seen the book before, and now I'm tempted to read it!

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

I've seen this book, with the same complaint, numerous times in multiple threads. What are you trying to accomplish ? Do you think CGC will contact you and say they made a mistake. Buy the notes or move on. Sorry.

Seriously though, this is accurate.

I will volunteer to give you $10 if you agree to buy the grader's note and post them on here.

What is your paypal address? I will send it Paypal personal.

The notes were only $4 for this book - I'm curious too, so I just bought them ... I'll post when they show up :thumbsup:

Image%202015-01-15%20at%2010.43.32%20AM.png

so this is enough to drop it to a 5.0?

hm

If the mistake is big enough they've been know to :facepalm:

Notes should be included in the price of the grading.

Correct. They could have built this cost into the cost of submission, announced that notes were included and no one would be person_without_enough_empathying about it. Instead, they chose to go the route they did.

It's almost exactly the same complaint people make about a seller specifying that buyers must add 3% extra is paying by Paypal.

Just be smart about it, build it into your sell price and then it's invisible to the buyer. (ignorance if bliss)