• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under/Over-Graded CGC Books

102 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity, do you guys have books that you feel were under-graded or over-graded by CGC? Do you have a 4.0 that looks better than one of your 6.5's? I would love to see some examples of this, especially side by side comparisons.

Please provide the link, If this topic has already been discussed. Thanks guys!

me too !!! And i'm too darn cheap to pay for graders notes /sigh

Can you do a GoFundMe campaign for $10? I'd chip in 75 cents.

Get the Comic Book Coin guys to invest the money in grader notes. Way more people would buy them.

I have a couple of CGC 9.8s that I wouldn't never have submitted to CGC as I think they are 9.6s. In my eye this is mainly due to corner blunting and damage.

I can vouch for that. I traded my NM 98 CGC 9.8 for a 9.6, because I thought it looked better...a lot better.

in the baseball card collecting hobby the grading company is PSA and they are an excellent company, but it is well known by everyone and even the advanced collectors that it is very hard to tell the difference between even a PSA 7 and a PSA 8 WITHOUT a magnifying glass ( to say nothing of grades higher , 8.5 and 9) hardly any 10's are given except to what would be considered moderns 1972 and newer,

comic book grading has similarities to baseball cards

Interesting. I'd say with comics there is usually a distinguishable difference between a 7.0 and an 8.0. Seems like It would be much harder to grade baseball cards due to their small size.

everytime I look at this slab I think ..... W..... T..... F......

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

That is odd. Do you know If there is anything going on with the insides that could pull down the grade?

Guys, there could be a piece out on the back cover fer chrissakes.

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

That is odd. Do you know If there is anything going on with the insides that could pull down the grade?

Guys, there could be a piece out on the back cover fer chrissakes.

Pretty sure it is the donkey sex. :cool:

2204104_Full_Obv.jpg

I've seen this book, with the same complaint, numerous times in multiple threads. What are you trying to accomplish ? Do you think CGC will contact you and say they made a mistake. Buy the notes or move on. Sorry.