• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many 2004 Comic Sales North of $50K?

27 posts in this topic

Guys, I wanted to see how many books sold north of $50K this year (and through this process north of $100K) in cash. I personally think it would be a good gauge of liquidity in the market.

I don't want a buyer but if you had the book, a seller, and a time frame (the month would be great!) I would be interested to see what the results would look like.

I'll start with a few ComicLink sales (I think that they were cash but I may be wrong):

-Pac Coast X-Men 1 for $110K (I think)

-the BB28 and the Flash 105 that were announced on the link with the Batman collection (advertised at $75K, I would guess that they sold for at least $50K or Josh would have put them up on his site)

$50K+ sales In 2002 (from Jun-Dec only):

Heritage: 7

JP-The Mint: 1

Ebay: 1

$20k-50K sales in 2002 (from Jun-Dec only):

Heritage: 38

JP-The Mint: 3

Ebay: 1

$50K+ sales In 2003:

Heritage: 7

Mastronet: 4

$20k-50K sales in 2003:

Heritage: 21

Mastronet: 7

Ebay: 3

AllStar: 1

$50K+ sales in 2004:

Heritage: 6

Pedigree: 1

Ebay: 3

$20k-50K sales in 2004:

Heritage: 26

Ebay: 15

Swenson: 1

Pedigree: 2

Regards

GP

Thanks very much GPA.

Does anyone have any info for some of the more private deals? For instance a Metro or a Link?

Personally very interested to see what the "top" of the traded market is and what are some of the big ticket items.

From my perspective it seems that SA Marvels in ultra HG are the true blue chips on the block although I would have thought that the facts would have slanted more towards the GA trilogy of the Action 1, Marvel 1, Tec 27.

-the BB28 and the Flash 105 that were announced on the link with the Batman collection (advertised at $75K, I would guess that they sold for at least $50K or Josh would have put them up on his site)

Actually, it was a JLA 1 and Flash 105 that were sold together on Comiclink. As Rube11 has pointed out, they went for an aggregate price of over $100k.

A CGC 9.4 B&B 28 did sell in 2004 on Heritage, for $60K I believe.

I believe Steve Lauterbach (Comgeek) sold the Church Flash #1 (CGC 9.6) for $300K or so? Don't know if that sale took place in 2004 or not.

There must have been a few ASM #1, AF #15 and X-Men #1 sales during the year that went over $50K, and I think a JIM #83 sold for over $50K.

Actually, it was a JLA 1 and Flash 105 that were sold together on Comiclink. As Rube11 has pointed out, they went for an aggregate price of over $100k.

A CGC 9.4 B&B 28 did sell in 2004 on Heritage, for $60K I believe.

I believe Steve Lauterbach (Comgeek) sold the Church Flash #1 (CGC 9.6) for $300K or so? Don't know if that sale took place in 2004 or not.

There must have been a few ASM #1, AF #15 and X-Men #1 sales during the year that went over $50K, and I think a JIM #83 sold for over $50K.

Comic-Keys sold his AF#15 raw 9.6 for $117K if you want to count that. shy.gif