• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

take a better look!

30 posts in this topic

If anybody on these boards is a expert on Ashcans it's Gary Collubano,he would know whether it's real or not!! When did you pick up this ashcan?? what year ?? from who?? something don't look right to me!! Give us some info ,instead of ,HERE IT IS!!! Tell us MORE!! If this is REAL my man, then you just discovered Noah's Ark or a missing Grail of Comic Fandom!!! gossip.gif

Hey before you go ,give us some info??? Your posts seem vague ,no one is kicking you of the boards ,that's your choice!! But remember,the reason everybody is questioning this book is you have to realize there are serious Collectors on these boards & some who are the biggest Collectors & Dealers around. When you just show up as a newbie with something like this & nobody has seen or heard of it ,It definately raises RED FLAGS!!!

bigger cleaner scan!

This time this is actual scan of book not from photocopier to scanner to post ,this is actual scan of actual book right to post.

raven

now here is back!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

"THE"...."A"....They're called ARTICLES. You speak like the Flaming Carrot!!! Basic freaking grammar! Not to mention commas and pronouns.

Take the front cover scan, open it in Photoshop. Enlarge. Pay special attention to what's going on around the logo, the diagonal banner on the left, and in the "price circle". Where's Redhook when you need him?

Raven- One of the reasons that I started posting on this board was because though I felt like I was a pretty experienced and knowledgible collector, I found people here are truly giants in the hobby. The percentage of professionals and "high-end" collectors is very high, esp. on the Gold board- take a look at some of the books these guys post! A lot of these guys really know their stuff and they've also been in the hobby long enough to be suspicious when something "too good to be true" comes along.

We would all be thrilled if this Batman ashcan turned out to be real. Finding a previously undiscovered piece of history like this would be a major event in the hobby. Articles would be written about it in CBG and CBM; dealers and serious collectors would be knocking down your door to make you offers on the piece. Probably whatever you paid for it, someone would be willing to pay more. It's official discovery would be the event of the decade for the hobby.

But for this to happen, you'll need to give us a bit more than a few fairly indistinct images. For us to believe in this ashcan, your going to have to let us know a bit more about it. For instance, how and when did it come into your possession? In addition, if you want to validate it authenticity, I would highly recommend getting in touch with someone at CGC or a major dealer (like Metropolis or whatever). If there is any validity to your claim that it is real, I'm sure that they would be happy to take a look at it for you. The effort would certainly be worth your while. Your seeming unwillingness to give more information about the book reflects poorly on it's authenticity.

I'm afraid that until this stuff happens, you're going to continue to get flamed. flamed.gif