• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's fill a short box full of Moderns?

55 posts in this topic

Youngblood #1 4/92-1st Image Book.

It came out a week or two before the second. Which, if I remember correctly, was either Spawn #1 or Savage Dragon #1.

I'm leaning towards Spawn.

But that was 13 years ago. confused-smiley-013.gif

And then there was the great Shadowhawk......... tongue.gif

Now that you mention it, it's starting to come back to me.

Youngblood was first.

Spawn was second.

Shadowhawk was third.

Then, like 5 years later, Youngblood #2 came out. poke2.gif

Not that I gave a [#@$%!!!] about any of them. Other than Spawn, which I read until McFarlane stopped drawing it. yeahok.gif

Youngblood was first.

Spawn was second.

Shadowhawk was third.

Not that I gave a [#@$%!!!] about any of them. Other than Spawn, which I read until McFarlane stopped drawing it. yeahok.gif

Shadowhawk was unspeakably bad. At that time I thought Image wouldn't last what with that and the equally abysmal Youngblood, Brigade, Wildcats etc.

It took time, and a lot of generic dreck, splinter imprints and publishers before some real talent (other than McFarlane and Lee) came on board and turned things around.

Youngblood was first.

Spawn was second.

Shadowhawk was third.

Shadowhawk was unspeakably bad. At that time I thought Image wouldn't last what with that and the equally abysmal Youngblood, Brigade, Wildcats etc.

It took time, and a lot of generic dreck, splinter imprints and publishers before some real talent (other than McFarlane and Lee) came on board and turned things around.

"Burn them! Burn them ALL!"

05302002182102.jpg

I don't really think you should include 1998-2005. Those years are much harder to find and it was after the time where Marvel almost went bankrupt.

I think if you posed the question from 1992-1996 there would be no way in hell you could make a short box.

1998-2005 comics are so much harder to find in collections let alone at stores that I think you would be looking at a lot more comics. When I buy from collectors I pretty much buy up to 1989, and then take big break and jump all the way into 1998.