• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's fill a short box full of Moderns?

55 posts in this topic

No, I hear what your saying.

But if the Modern age needs a break anywhere, it should be from 1998 to now.

Those books the print runs are so much smaller and much harder to find. Maybe they can find a metal that is much rarer than the others and call it that.

In 20-30 years, a lot of those books will be harder to find that most Silver age books I think.

Here's my longbox of moderns:

The entire Sandman series

Grant Morrison's Invisibles Vol. 1-3

1602 #1-8

All of Chynna Clugston-Major's Blue Monday comics

Earth X #0-X

Flaming Carrot Vs. Reid Fleming #1

DC vs. Marvel #1-4 (I don't care what anyone says, I thought this and the Amalgam stuff was BRILLIANT!)

Y-The Last Man #1

Preacher #1

Preacher #66 (The Last issue. I won't tell you what happens.)

Eightball #1-23

Optic Nerve #1

Keiron Dwyer's LCD #1 (With the banned Starbucks cover)

Ivan Brunetti's "Haw" #1

Ivan Brunetti's Schizo Comics #1-3

Angry Youth Comics #1-4

Ultimate Spider-Man #1

Wolverine: Origin #1

Fables #1

Marvels #1-4

Kingdom Come #1-4

Stray Bullets #1

Could on e be filled now that we have only 1992 to the present?

We would have to have Youngblood #1 since it starts the age, what are some others?

Youngblood #1

Superman #73

How bout some more, one's worthy of a MA #1 and keys?

If you're talking about the quality in mainsteam comics (great stories and in the last few years an improving on the art departement) and independant comics (the modern age quality independant comics could fill in your small box by itself, easly), a long box wouldn't be enough, heck not even two.

I'll upgrade the great list Chromium present (at least the stuff i've read) and try to put up some more:

LOEG V1

LOEG V2

Peter David's Hulk run

Y the last man

Hellboy

Bone

From Hell

Planetary

Top Ten

Loki

Marvels

Waid's run on The Fantastic Four

Astro City

Priest's Black Panther

Kingdom Come

Sandman by Gaiman

The Ultimates

Ultimate Spider-man (at least the first 40 issues)

Stangers in Paradise (all series)

DD by Bendis/Maleeve

Inhumans by Jenkins and Jae Lee

X-Men by Morrison

Sin City

how many short boxs have we already fill in?!

One again, it's not "runs" just worthy #1's and Keys and will throw in worthy 1st app. I realize is we concentrated on runs we could do some serious box filling(is there a double meaning there?) Try to narrow it to the above,

Such as..

YB #1 start the age

Supes73

Bone 1

Watchman 1

Y last man 1

30 days of dark1

Origin1

Throw in thw whole Weapon X story

That kind of collecting. BAsicalyy it's how I have a SA and BA theme going (and now Copper) along with my full runs. I have full-runs, DC box(short) Marvel box(short), Silver Age(short) Bronze Age(short) Copper(short)-the age boxes focus on worthy #1's and 1st app as well as keys. I'm thinking of doing a Modern, so I'm milking the brain trust, and I will view as the box created by the board. thumbsup2.gif

Here's my longbox of moderns:

The entire Sandman series

Grant Morrison's Invisibles Vol. 1-3

1602 #1-8

All of Chynna Clugston-Major's Blue Monday comics

Earth X #0-X

Flaming Carrot Vs. Reid Fleming #1

DC vs. Marvel #1-4 (I don't care what anyone says, I thought this and the Amalgam stuff was BRILLIANT!)

Y-The Last Man #1

Preacher #1

Preacher #66 (The Last issue. I won't tell you what happens.)

Eightball #1-23

Optic Nerve #1

Keiron Dwyer's LCD #1 (With the banned Starbucks cover)

Ivan Brunetti's "Haw" #1

Ivan Brunetti's Schizo Comics #1-3

Angry Youth Comics #1-4

Ultimate Spider-Man #1

Wolverine: Origin #1

Fables #1

Marvels #1-4

Kingdom Come #1-4

Stray Bullets #1

I think 1602 was the worse thing Gaiman ever wrote. But in his defense, he may have been "editored" to death.

One again, it's not "runs" just worthy #1's and Keys and will throw in worthy 1st app. I realize is we concentrated on runs we could do some serious box filling(is there a double meaning there?) Try to narrow it to the above,

Such as..

YB #1 start the age

Supes73

Bone 1

Watchman 1

Y last man 1

30 days of dark1

Origin1

Throw in thw whole Weapon X story

That kind of collecting. BAsicalyy it's how I have a SA and BA theme going (and now Copper) along with my full runs. I have full-runs, DC box(short) Marvel box(short), Silver Age(short) Bronze Age(short) Copper(short)-the age boxes focus on worthy #1's and 1st app as well as keys. I'm thinking of doing a Modern, so I'm milking the brain trust, and I will view as the box created by the board. thumbsup2.gif

You mean "Watchmen" right ? Do we get to include that , since it was 1986 ? If so, definitely, my favorite trade.