• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post up your wins from this months ComicLink auction!

161 posts in this topic

I'm feeling a little under the weather, so I only picked up one...

I'm not a fan of weird QP, but getting a first Wyatt Wingfoot for a deal, why not???

Besides the offset spine looks like it is impeding the 'surfers board, and that's cool in wacky way...

RAD6AFDA201517_142752.jpg

:cloud9:

Yeah, it's part of an original owner collection put together by the man who created the Marvel Art Review, a Fanzine in the 1970's. Here's the write up:

This comic book originates from the Marvel Art Review Collection, a significant collection consisting of deep runs of virtually all Marvel titles from the Silver Age through the Modern era, as well as select issues from DC and other publishers. This collection was assembled over decades by Arthur Gumbus, a passionate collector and aficionado of the comic art form. In the middle 1970s, Mr. Gumbus produced and published Marvel Art Review, an early fanzine for all things Marvel. Getting to know many of the artists and writers at Marvel personally during these booming days of Marvel fandom, Mr. Gumbus got the inside scoop directly from the source and was very active on the early convention circuit in the New York City region.

The vast majority of the issues in this collection were purchased directly off the stands as they were released and carefully tucked away. This has resulted in very rich cover colors and high page quality, with nearly all of the comics certified as having White or Off-White to White pages, regardless of the assigned grade. We are very pleased to be offering examples from this impressive collection, which represents the decades-long dedication of a passionate collector and lover of the four color page.

I got one book as well -- another Marvel Art Review stunner! The colors and gloss are supposed to be off the charts on this one.

Dan

Avengers492_zpsc81fd41b.jpg

Beautiful looking copy !!! That will definitely be a nice addition to your collection. (thumbs u

Yeah, it's part of an original owner collection put together by the man who created the Marvel Art Review, a Fanzine in the 1970's. Here's the write up:

This comic book originates from the Marvel Art Review Collection, a significant collection consisting of deep runs of virtually all Marvel titles from the Silver Age through the Modern era, as well as select issues from DC and other publishers. This collection was assembled over decades by Arthur Gumbus, a passionate collector and aficionado of the comic art form. In the middle 1970s, Mr. Gumbus produced and published Marvel Art Review, an early fanzine for all things Marvel. Getting to know many of the artists and writers at Marvel personally during these booming days of Marvel fandom, Mr. Gumbus got the inside scoop directly from the source and was very active on the early convention circuit in the New York City region.

The vast majority of the issues in this collection were purchased directly off the stands as they were released and carefully tucked away. This has resulted in very rich cover colors and high page quality, with nearly all of the comics certified as having White or Off-White to White pages, regardless of the assigned grade. We are very pleased to be offering examples from this impressive collection, which represents the decades-long dedication of a passionate collector and lover of the four color page.

nice-- thanks for the information.

Just the one book this time.

RADBDB162014128_162847.jpg

White pager no less. Very nice!

That's the main reason why i bought this, that and the absence of Marvel chipping.

The Marvel Art Review collection had some great books, all with outstanding page and paper quality. Almost got the ASM #5 cgc 7.5 white as well, but I already broke the GPA record with this book and didn't feel like doing the same with the other book as well. :P

I think you're gonna be VERY happy with that book.

I ended up winning some nice books this time around but I'm curious what you guys won??
So post them like it says :sumo:

I ended up winning a couple more last night while I slept. Here is my batch:

Defenders10_zpsa440996d.jpg

DoctorStrange1_zpsacb1be06.jpg

Very nice books. Congrats on the wins. (thumbs u

Just one win. A minor upgrade from my 9.4 with W pages. Normally, I wouldn't bother upgrading for just one grade up. Especially since my 9.4 is very nice, but the centering on this one is so nice, I said what the heck.

RAD1C8A720141113_151636.jpg

Some really strong prices so far on the Marvel Art Review Collection books. The Giant Size X-Men 1 CGC 9.8 and the Hulk 181 CGC 9.6 for example.

All of these seem to be lighting up the register.

I was attempting to score the GS XM #1 and the X-Men #94 (which currently stands at $2,100.00), and didn't get either.

I was, however, able to score my personal "attainable" Grail.

I've been looking to buy this book for a long time, and none of the previous books struck me as "the right one".

I saw this book, and knew it had to be mine. No idea why, haha. It just felt like the right book.

I overpayed, no doubt. But to be honest, this book is extremely important to me (2nd favorite character since I started collecting comics as a kid), and I'm never going to sell it anyway.

The prices for these books were way more than I had anticipated.

Anyway, here she is.

My new pride and joy.

RAD410DF2014128_16581.jpg

Some really strong prices so far on the Marvel Art Review Collection books. The Giant Size X-Men 1 CGC 9.8 and the Hulk 181 CGC 9.6 for example.

I was attempting to score the GS XM #1 and the X-Men #94 (which currently stands at $2,100.00), and didn't get either.

I've been looking to buy this book for a long time, and none of the previous books struck me as "the right one".

I saw this book, and knew it had to be mine. No idea why, haha. It just felt like the right book.

I overpayed, no doubt. But to be honest, this book is extremely important to me (2nd favorite character since I started collecting comics as a kid), and I'm never going to sell it anyway.

Anyway, here she is.

My new pride and joy.

Congrats!! It sure is a beauty.

Anyway, here she is.

My new pride and joy.

Congrats !!! It really is a very nice looking copy and definitely worth paying a premium for it. Definitely one of the nicer looking 9.6's.

Definitely a B E A U tiful copy!!

Congratulations on your "personal attainable Grail," imho you held out for the right stunning copy!

(I was actually watching this book and thinking about it and I'm TOTALLY fine with my 9.4. These Marvel Review books just truly are Purdy!)