• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post up your wins from this months ComicLink auction!

161 posts in this topic

so if this Marvel Art Review is such a known set of books-- why wasn't it pedigreed or at least noted on these CGC slabs?

..... too many copies weren't HG......yet still had notable characteristics. I wish I could've snagged that ASM 6....... Man, that was a fresh looking book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

so if this Marvel Art Review is such a known set of books-- why wasn't it pedigreed or at least noted on these CGC slabs?

..... too many copies weren't HG......yet still had notable characteristics. I wish I could've snagged that ASM 6....... Man, that was a fresh looking book. GOD BLESS...

I guess as long as the books stay in the slab, they could keep track of them that way-- again assuming they were sent in around the same time by one original owner.

Is it safe to assume none of the marvel art review books were altered/pressed prior to grading?

I've seen many books from CL, CC, and HA that weren't pressed..... it's an additional expense and time drain that many consignors choose to forgo ...... and if I recall.....a COA is to be included with the MAR books. I know I saw pressable defects on the ASM 6..... but that's not why I wanted it.... it's just so bright and square for the grade. GOD BLESS...

I got crushed. Everyone had deep pocket last night...

But i did pick up some beauties...

RADA08452014129_92523.jpg

RADCF85A20141117_104755.jpg

RAD5CC8B20141210_135743.jpg

I never saw such a deep color strike on a TOS 62 before, so I said what the heck!

:cloud9:

I do agree the bidding seemed way more aggressive last night. Tuesday night it seemed like must everything was going for pretty cheap.

I guess as long as the books stay in the slab, they could keep track of them that way-- again assuming they were sent in around the same time by one original owner.

Is it safe to assume none of the marvel art review books were altered/pressed prior to grading?

"Each item from this collection will be accompanied by a special, ComicLink issued certificate containing information about origin of the collection."

They each came with a COA, and mine actually came with a little piece of OA as well.

RADF0BD2201515_162656.jpg

I suppose if one was to resell the slab they won in the future, they should PDF save the screen shot of their CL listing to keep with the book.