• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIlestone Media is returning!

12 posts in this topic

Man, it's been so long that I can't remember. However I think it it was just directly incorporated and then possibly retconned in 2001 with the Static reboot? I need to do some research.

I still haven't finished the source article, but it appears that the IP may have been released by DC. It seems that they are actively seeking investors:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2015/01/21/exclusive-milestone-media-rises-again-hudlin-cowan-and-dingle-will-revive-company-with-eye-toward-characters-of-color/

I really hope this pulls through, they got steamrolled by the comic bubble bursting in the mid-90's and didn't get their due. McDuffie and Cowan had a great thing going.

Personally, "Hardware" was my favorite. I've always loved Denis Cowan's pencils, and the story was like a cross between Iron Man and The Count of Monte Cristo. Well worth going back and reading.

They used Icon and his sidekick in an episode or two of Young Justice.

Milestone was great. Blood Syndicate was my personal fave. I thought DC had purchased the IP and integrated (no pun intended) the characters into DC proper. Or was that retconned during one of the reboots?

Blood_Syndicate_1_Cover_Prelim.JPG