• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATE Shipping Problem - my Tec 38 is missing

92 posts in this topic

I feel for you - having been on the wrong end of a deal-go-bad from Serbia, I understand how frustrating this is.

Probably a dumb thing to say, but the info from Collosimo did say Post Office - Could it be as simple as the delivery driver pulled up at the first Post Office he saw and dropped it off?

I'm not well versed in the workings of the USA postal system obviously, but the message said "Post Office" - is it worth a ring around of local PO's?

As a recent buyer of a Tec #38 which recently arrived - it will be worth it when you get it - I cherish my copy, and I am certain yours will be worth the hassle!

Good Luck - hopefully it is resolved quickly, and to your satisfaction. :wishluck:

Does anyone have a good USPS contact to call regarding a missing package?

I bought a Tec 38 from France and the package has gone missing between its attempted delivery (no notice was left) by Colissimo and it being handed off to USPS.

:ohnoez:

Another HOS vote?

Too soon Jeff, too soon... lollol

I feel for you - having been on the wrong end of a deal-go-bad from Serbia, I understand how frustrating this is.

Probably a dumb thing to say, but the info from Collosimo did say Post Office - Could it be as simple as the delivery driver pulled up at the first Post Office he saw and dropped it off?

I'm not well versed in the workings of the USA postal system obviously, but the message said "Post Office" - is it worth a ring around of local PO's?

As a recent buyer of a Tec #38 which recently arrived - it will be worth it when you get it - I cherish my copy, and I am certain yours will be worth the hassle!

Good Luck - hopefully it is resolved quickly, and to your satisfaction. :wishluck:

I called my closest Post Office and they didn't have it. I'm going to the distribution center tomorrow.

I think this is a matter of whoever received the box at USPS not entering the number into the system.

In other infuriating USPS news, the Superman 14 that I just traded for arrived today. It had the big pink signature confirmation sticker on the box. My mailman just left the box in the lobby of my building while I was at work. :facepalm:

At least it arrived safe and I have it.

I need to have a talk with my mailman's supervisor tomorrow.

Does anyone have a good USPS contact to call regarding a missing package?

I bought a Tec 38 from France and the package has gone missing between its attempted delivery (no notice was left) by Colissimo and it being handed off to USPS.

:ohnoez:

Another HOS vote?

Don't believe the seller is a boardie. He does have his books listed on myslabbedcomics.

The seller has been cooperative the entire time. He's more upset about this than I am. We've been in constant communication trying to piece things together. I think this is a USPS issue.

I think this is a matter of whoever received the box at USPS not entering the number into the system.

In other infuriating USPS news, the Superman 14 that I just traded for arrived today. It had the big pink signature confirmation sticker on the box. My mailman just left the box in the lobby of my building while I was at work. :facepalm:

yeah, when the supervisor rips him a new one...he'll be more than happy to make sure your packages are delivered properly :lol:

That's just brutal. I use a post office box outlet and its great for parcel's because they get held until I pick it up, no parcels getting left outside or with the neighbor stuff. They know me well too so they always take care of my stuff. Hopefully the Tec shows up.

Wow, that's terrible. I'm so lucky to have a great mail carrier. She handles the pickups with a smile (even when I have 50+ boxes) and always talks to Everly and lets her help hand over packages. I know it's not the norm, sadly.

I hope your mailman's supervisor tears him a new one and you get better service.

Peace,

Chip

FWIW mine arrived today without requesting a signature though it says so right there on the label. Problem is that the English language is printed so small and I am not sure it was tracked either but as expected got to me about a week after the Colissimo system showed it as delivered.

Hoping for the same result with yours. :wishluck:

FWIW mine arrived today without requesting a signature though it says so right there on the label. Problem is that the English language is printed so small and I am not sure it was tracked either but as expected got to me about a week after the Colissimo system showed it as delivered.

Hoping for the same result with yours. :wishluck:

This is good news! Hopefully it's the same with mine. Has that happened with your shipments in the past as well?

Only had one experience with Colissimo and it wasn't good.

I had an AF 15 sent from France to the U.S., fully insured and with a 3-day delivery guarantee.

The package did indeed make it in three days from France to the U.S. and I was able to track it using the global Colissimo website.

When it was delivered the customer wasn't home and the package was left on the doorstep.

Never signed for, no note, just left on the porch.

The customer was out of town for three days and buy sheer luck the package was still there when he got home. Good thing it didn't rain or anything.

From the moment it was left on the doorstep the tracking said "signed for by "front door". I kid you not.

I was never able to track the package using USPS

It was not Colissimo, colissimo can't do a delivery from france to USA in 3 days, only Chronopost can do that and give a full tracking on line door to door.

Problem is delivery service in USA don't play the game, i had this problem recently , and left a parcel on the doorstep without signature for.

Chronopost is not responsible of that, only the guy who throw the parcel at the door is.

Yes this is not the first time there is a delay. The tracking really does not work once it quits their hands and I have always suspected that it loses its priority status once it hits the u.s.

Let's hope yours shows up soon.

Only had one experience with Colissimo and it wasn't good.

I had an AF 15 sent from France to the U.S., fully insured and with a 3-day delivery guarantee.

The package did indeed make it in three days from France to the U.S. and I was able to track it using the global Colissimo website.

When it was delivered the customer wasn't home and the package was left on the doorstep.

Never signed for, no note, just left on the porch.

The customer was out of town for three days and buy sheer luck the package was still there when he got home. Good thing it didn't rain or anything.

From the moment it was left on the doorstep the tracking said "signed for by "front door". I kid you not.

I was never able to track the package using USPS

It was not Colissimo, colissimo can't do a delivery from france to USA in 3 days, only Chronopost can do that and give a full tracking on line door to door.

Problem is delivery service in USA don't play the game, i had this problem recently , and left a parcel on the doorstep without signature for.

Chronopost is not responsible of that, only the guy who throw the parcel at the door is.

You are right, my mistake, it was Chronopost

why would anyone ever have a tec38 shipped to them through USPS; moreover why would anyone sell someone a tec38 and ship it through USPS? they offer no tracking and no guaranteed delivery times. hopefully you paid through paypal/cc otherwise this may be a tough lesson.

How would you ship it or you just trolling?

why would anyone ever have a tec38 shipped to them through USPS; moreover why would anyone sell someone a tec38 and ship it through USPS? they offer no tracking and no guaranteed delivery times. hopefully you paid through paypal/cc otherwise this may be a tough lesson.

How would you ship it or you just trolling?

fedex or ups and 3rd party insure it.