• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perez Batman Cover Day!!

7 posts in this topic

So the "Best of 2014" made me reflect upon the year that was. No doubt, I had picked up a lot of nice art, but I was a little disappointed in myself that I hadn't been more focused. (that was one of my goals for the year, and every year going forward) I have very few key wants. Books/artists that I have to have - cornerstone pieces - that I feel this collection of nostalgic treasures wouldn't be complete without.

I had been pursuing a Perez cover from the Batman Year 3 or Lonely Place of Dying arcs for a fair bit. When folks asked me at last year's SDCC what I was looking for, that was one of the things I mentioned. Most of those covers are publicly displayed on CAF so I had sent out feelers, and finally the timing was right on one of them - this one. I used it as an opportunity to send several pieces to auction so I could get back some wall space and keep the collection lean and mean. Stuff that was definitely nice art, but not essential to my collection ultimately. It's not easy, but as the months and years go by I am figuring out what's most key, and trying to get to that place.

Anyhow, without further ado, and onto some discussion of the art itself and what it means to me, I present...

Batman #438 & Perez Portfolio Cover!!

When you said towards the end of 2014 that you had picked up two big pieces, I thought a Perez Bats cover would be one of them. As it turned out, it was the V for Vendetta and Watchmen pages, but I knew this day was coming eventually - congrats! I really think that Perez's covers for Year 3 and A Lonely Place of Dying are among the best of the entire Batman run. (worship)