• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #129 MJ insert

33 posts in this topic

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom. It is much appreciated :)

I contacted the seller and he offered to pay for the CGC or CBCS grading if it comes back 8.0 or lower plus a compensation for the value difference (if it does).

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom. It is much appreciated :)

I contacted the seller and he offered to pay for the CGC or CBCS grading if it comes back 8.0 or lower plus a compensation for the value difference (if it does).

Considering he sold it as a 9.2, he doesn't have much faith in his grading abilities (setting 8.0 as a lower limit) or conversely he takes great stock in his advertising skills.* :sumo:

*Would you save money by swallowing the grading fees and getting a refund?

I did the big scan look, and I'm going to set your final grade at CGC 7.5...?

I think it's a safe bet that he's paying the grading fees. Too much deep spine wear, general rubbing/dirt on the back, rounded corner and there's a small corner crease. Presents very nicely, but I'm thinking 9.2 would be a true ebay grade.

I hope you get an 8.5+, but CGC isn't that lenient on the defects I'm seeing.

What I don’t like about early Mark Jewelers (or National Diamond?) ones is the cardboard is very stiff

Yeah.. the cardboard. hm

ndslpweb.jpg

found two books in my recent collection acquisition with the nice "hard" inserts... :idea:

Thank you all for your feedback! Just for your information, the specified minimum grade is 8.0. So if it comes back ungraded it's obviously lower ;) Now lets wait and see :grin: