• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killer JIM #83 on pedigree....

106 posts in this topic

And check out the rest of the new arrivals section for some record shatterting bronze ASM sales. 893whatthe.gif

Holy CHIT, look at that Spidey 86 CGC 9.6!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif It's got absolutely PERFECT QP and PQ.

The FF 27--owned by a fellow forum member--is making me wish I hadn't blown my comics budget for a while earlier this month. crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Yeh that was nuts. I was waiting for the run to come up but it was all pre-sold. Kind of a waste of time for me, but even if they weren't pre-sold I wasn't about to pay any of those asking prices.

Brian

And check out the rest of the new arrivals section for some record shatterting bronze ASM sales. 893whatthe.gif

Holy CHIT, look at that Spidey 86 CGC 9.6!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif It's got absolutely PERFECT QP and PQ.

Yeah, that one was the most impressive of the run. That price makes me feel good about what I paid for my "perfect QP" 9.2 Western Penn copy.

Whoa, I didn't realize 104 was so uncommon, but it MUST be to get bought at such an astoundingly high price so quickly. Come to think of it, I think that is the first one I've ever seen.

Still surprised it beat the #86, though. I've never seen that one either.

Whoa, I didn't realize 104 was so uncommon, but it MUST be to get bought at such an astoundingly high price so quickly. Come to think of it, I think that is the first one I've ever seen.

Still surprised it beat the #86, though. I've never seen that one either.

I've never seen either publically offered in 9.6, but I've probably seen twice or 3 times as many #86's in 9.4 than I have #104's. And the only 2 9.4 #104's I've seen were both on Pedigree and sold in the $500-$600 range, so even in 9.4 it's a more expensive book. Too many ASM 9.4+ completionists, and too few #104's(so far.....if these prices don't bring about the surfacing of more 9.4's and 9.6's, then they just don't exist).

simply astounding prices paid.... I am scratching my head here....

And that's what makes ASM collecting so tough. The copies are available, but you've got to have the stomach to pay up. And that dosen't just go for top census copies either.

Pretty much listed as sold. I got on just as the 86 was listed and it was already sold.. then a bunch more popped up and all were sold. Since they were already sale pending, they were obviously sold prior to listing.

After seeing this CoI, perhaps you should've sold your ASM 150 9.6 on Doug's site? 148, 149 for 750 each.. hell even at 500 your 150 would've been a bargain.

perhaps you should've sold your ASM 150 9.6 on Doug's site? 148, 149 for 750 each.. hell even at 500 your 150 would've been a bargain.

Who knows, but I bet that if I had listed my #150 PC at $500 on his site, people would have thought I was screwy.gif. I've got several more ASM dupes that I'm not looking to sell at the moment, but I will consign to him when I decide to unload. The prices he gets are too high to ignore.

I wonder if all these books went to one buyer...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't help but think there is something fishy with those prices, especially the books in the 140s. 151 9.6 W, in all its semi-rarity in high grade, is up there, and can't sell at $350 (I tried $275 yeahok.gif ), and 144 (which sold somewhere for $275 this month and has 18 9.6s and 3 9.8s) and 146($222 this month) sell for $500? Off-White pages on each. Riiiight.

I don't really know what I mean by fishy, but gosh, if you happen to have a bunch of high grade Spideys you want to unload, you are certainly served by prices like that, whether they are open market prices or not. And these were not open market prices.

And since they were pre-sold, I'd have to guess they went to one buyer. Is there more than one guy out there willing to pay that much over GPA for all those books? =)

I don't think anything "fishy" is going on. It's more likely that Doug found the "right" buyer who was willing to pay to get a piece of his run. Speculation of course, but it's not out of the question. I don't think those prices could be duplicated.

I don't think anything "fishy" is going on. It's more likely that Doug found the "right" buyer who was willing to pay to get a piece of his run. Speculation of course, but it's not out of the question. I don't think those prices could be duplicated, though.

I have no inside information on this, but what you said makes sense. Someone offered him a boatload of money to sell certain books from his run, and he did. The buyer got what he wanted and Doug got what he wanted. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Plus, all the later issues were pedigrees so that probably had some effect.

Remember, it only takes one motivated buyer to have a book sell for an extreme price. Doug use to be that motivated buyer, now he's the motivated seller.

I think bronze ASMs have gotten very hot in the past few months. I just watched a 130 in 9.4 go for 200 dollars!!

This is all very unfortunate for me, as I haven't even touched most of the bronze ASM issues figuring the prices would go down. They've done the exact opposite. frown.gif Oh well, they'll go down some time.

Brian

The madness starts at "highest grade in census". There is nothing particularly special about ASM 104, excepting that the black cover has made it virtually impossible to find above NM. As owner of another 104 in 9.6, and with white pages to boot, I am both astounded and tremendously pleased by the price Doug realized for the one just sold. Guess my pickup at the LCS some years ago (probably for around $25) was one of my all-time best. Today, I just love CGC...

Whoopie!!!