• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killer JIM #83 on pedigree....

106 posts in this topic

As a follow up, looks like someone just paid 500 dollars for a 9.6 of the winnipeg copy of ASM 145. Perhaps it's time for ppl to list their late bronze ASM pedigrees? At these prices, you can't go wrong.

Brian

I noticed that, but if I had to guess, I'd say that was a straggler from the previous batinsane deal.

DKB,

Nothing fishy here, buddy. All those prices listed were the actual sales prices paid, and all to one extremely high grade collector. I never would have sold them or thought of selling them had he not contacted me and made the incredible offers.

That's the beuty of the registry sets as it lets people know who has what. He saw some issues he was missing from his set, noticed I had thenm in mine, and made too good to refuse offers. You can't blame a guy for that. I hate breaking up my run, but I'll find these issues again, at least in 9.4.

Scott,

Not true. I list good stuff all the time, sometimes great stuff. Check out my site as much as you do Comiclink and you'll see what I mean.

Remember, I accept want lists and actually look at them. Plus, you will automatically be notified if a new listing matches any of the want list books in your customer page. It's because I actually do this (and have announcements on my site about what is forthcoming) that many books get sold even before they are listed.

LMK what you want (or is it need??!!) and I'll try to find it.

Scott,

Not true. I list good stuff all the time, sometimes great stuff. Check out my site as much as you do Comiclink and you'll see what I mean.

Remember, I accept want lists and actually look at them. Plus, you will automatically be notified if a new listing matches any of the want list books in your customer page. It's because I actually do this (and have announcements on my site about what is forthcoming) that many books get sold even before they are listed.

LMK what you want (or is it need??!!) and I'll try to find it.

I did already. TOS#52 CGC 9.4. And you give me bupkiss!!! 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

DKB,

Good point. I agree that would have been the better thing to do. I still think it's important to let other people know what books are selling and the actual prices paid, and that's why i list books that are sold even prior to listing them.

The most important aspect of this is for GPA purposes, as they track my sales and I do my absolute best to list and report all sales to them. I'd have to do a separate email just for GPA if they weren't listed on the site. More importantly, It wouldn't be fair to the guy who paid a serious multiple for the ASM's if they were never reported. His purchases would not get reported and if he tried to sell them 2 years later, he'd have no GPA listing to incorporate his prices into the average, thus devaluing his books, even 2 years down the road.

Just to give you an example, 2 days or so ago I made the announcement about the Giant Size Marvels. This way people know what's coming up and can get ready or email me, etc. I return every call and email because I think it's important. Anyway, now, 2 days later, I've rdceived a bunch of emails and a few calls and of course had to check want lists against these upcoming books. As of now, about half have already sold. I think it would be silly not to list the ones that sold and only the 20 or so remaining ones as I had announced 42 issues. Again, it wouldn't be fair to the pre-sold buyers if their prices paid were somehow left undisclosed.

It's just my opinion, but i'm obviously open to suggestions, criticism, emails, PM's, etc. Most importantly, I'm here to help you guys find books for your collection. Trust me on that!

Doug

DKB,

Good point. I agree that would have been the better thing to do. I still think it's important to let other people know what books are selling and the actual prices paid, and that's why i list books that are sold even prior to listing them.

The most important aspect of this is for GPA purposes, as they track my sales and I do my absolute best to list and report all sales to them. I'd have to do a separate email just for GPA if they weren't listed on the site. More importantly, It wouldn't be fair to the guy who paid a serious multiple for the ASM's if they were never reported. His purchases would not get reported and if he tried to sell them 2 years later, he'd have no GPA listing to incorporate his prices into the average, thus devaluing his books, even 2 years down the road.

Just to give you an example, 2 days or so ago I made the announcement about the Giant Size Marvels. This way people know what's coming up and can get ready or email me, etc. I return every call and email because I think it's important. Anyway, now, 2 days later, I've rdceived a bunch of emails and a few calls and of course had to check want lists against these upcoming books. As of now, about half have already sold. I think it would be silly not to list the ones that sold and only the 20 or so remaining ones as I had announced 42 issues. Again, it wouldn't be fair to the pre-sold buyers if their prices paid were somehow left undisclosed.

It's just my opinion, but i'm obviously open to suggestions, criticism, emails, PM's, etc. Most importantly, I'm here to help you guys find books for your collection. Trust me on that!

Doug

O, please, list away! Just don't advertise books that are already sold, y'know? I was looking forward to possibly bidding on the books you listed, and while I wouldn't have bid on them at those prices, I was certainly quite bummed to see them listed as sold. I'd have rather not been patiently waiting for them to be listed and instead have noticed them the next day when I checked the site, or something to that effect.

Not a huge beef mind you, just a wee criticism. =)

Scott,

I haven't forgotten. I may have one for you in a little while (my copy if I get a 9.6 I'm working on). I do not forget books for people. EVER.

Doug

Have I ever mentioned that you are a powerful, and a handsome, man? Not in a gay way, in a Viking way. yay.gif

it wouldn't be fair to the pre-sold buyers if their prices paid were somehow left undisclosed.

Is GPA picking up your "Vault" sales?

Also, what about that Hulk 1 CGC 9.2 sale/trade you reported to Overstreet? I'm assuming you didn't let that one get reported to GPA because it was partially trade?

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott,

I haven't forgotten. I may have one for you in a little while (my copy if I get a 9.6 I'm working on). I do not forget books for people. EVER.

Doug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have I ever mentioned that you are a powerful, and a handsome, man? Not in a gay way, in a Viking way.

sumo.gifsumo.gif

Actually Scott, I know Doug will ask a lot for that book and honestly, I would rather see it go to you then anyone else. Now, if you aren't prepared to pony up that much coin, well it just might be mine.

cloud9.gif

Scott,

I don't know you that well, (although I had an absolute blast with you and your girlfriend in Chicago) but when I see your name or handle, I think of TOS 52. That's how my mind works. I don't forget important stuff like that!

I'll let you know when the smoke clears (should be soon).

Doug

DKB,

I didn't even think of that angle (announcing the ASM 9.6's but having people become disappointed when they were listed as pending) as I was so consumed with the prices I was actually getting and my desire to announce these sales.

Great points you made, though. I will not be so blinded in the future as to make such tempting (but unfulfillable) announcements. I'm still fairly new to the dealer side and definitely am learning a lot of things everyday that never would have come up when I was simply collecting (which I still am but I've seriously narrowed my titles).

I want to sincerely apologize to all who felt tempted/cheated/misled, etc, by the pre-sold books/announcements but I asuure you it was 100% unintentional (ask anyone who knows me). I'll make it up to you easily. LMK what you are looking for and I will find it. Or, with the case of the ASM buyer, make me an incredible (insane?) offer and I'll sell you mine!!

Doug

FF,

Vault sales as well. Yes, the "problem" with the IH 1 9.2 Northland was that it was all trade (but $75,000 worth, most of which I have received by sales of the books that were traded to me). It believe has to be at least 90% cash for it to be considered a "sale" for GPA purposes. That's the criteria, I think.

Anyway, I always report such sales in my market reports to OCPR (which I list on my site as well) so GPA has access to that as well, beside the sales listed on the site.

Good point, FF.

Doug

hi.gif Hey Doug, ,just wanted to stop by & say Hello!! I'm always checking in on your site ,looks great!! One of these days I;m going to get around to purchasing something off it. But I keep spending my money with all my other Comic Dealers that I have been buying off of for years.You know ,you've been there before. wink.gif Well anyway ,take care & my Son & I just wanted to say Hi!!